Transcript repair situation and my final semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What should I do?

• Option A: 1 home university class and 1 CC class

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Option B: 1 home university class, 1 CC class, 2-3 extension science classes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Option C: Wait until you have the money for 3 home university classes and 1 CC class.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just like to click polls

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing transcript repair. I had a ton of withdrawals, the most recent of which occurred in Fall 2021. The health issue that caused them has been corrected.

I am in my final semester. I could just take what I need to graduate and get out, which would be a science class and a language class. I can take the language class at CC and that's what I want to do for financial and continuity reasons. (The breaks between the language levels aren't identical between the two schools. I have been taking the language classes at CC all along and want to stick with that curriculum/book.)

I think I should add on more classes to go full time to have 3 full time semesters of transcript repair. I realistically can't afford that though. I am out of financial aid. My school is public but expensive.

Taking extension classes in addition to the 2 classes needed to graduate would be a lot cheaper than adding on more classes at my brick-and-mortor university. Do you think that could be a good option to have more full time transcript repair? Do extension classes not "count" as much in this context?

What do you think?

Option A: Take the Physics at the university and the language class at the CC

Option B: Take the Physics at the university, the language at the CC, and some science classes through extension to get to full time. (I could afford this fine. My school's tuition and fees per credit are at least twice the price of the extension classes.)

Option C: Delay my application cycle until I have the money for a full-time semester at my home school, which would probably be this fall. I don't want to do this for a lot of reasons, but if it needs it, it needs it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're overthinking this. Just do Option A. Do Option B if you really want to take the extra class. Don't delay your cycle for some random class.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are you doing grade repair? What are your GPAs?

It's more transcript repair than GPA repair right now. There are multiple full semester withdrawals due to health problems that were poorly controlled at the time (now resolved).

GPAs are fine now. 3.70 for cGPA and 3.69 for sGPA. They weren't always fine! There is a V-shaped grade trend. I am hoping to break 3.7 by getting an A in the science class I am taking now, but of course there are never any guarantees.

I am planning to apply in 2023. It will have been 1.5 years since the last full semester W either way. I just wanted to know if it was okay for that very last semester before the application season to be part-time or if that takes away from the transcript repair I'm trying to do. Further, if it would be better for it to be full-time, I wanted to know if it had to be full-time at my home university or if a cheaper "piecemeal" arrangement with extension classes could be just as good.

Last edited: