transcript request form for AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingdoctor13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am about to put in a request for my transcript to be sent to AMCAS at my school. As I was filling out the transcript request form on AMCAS, it asked for an ID number, and my only choice was to put SS#. Is this the same for all of you? I rather just put my AMCAS ID number there but its not one of the choices, why not? Can I just white it out and put my AMCAS ID instead, I rather not have this number on form if I can avoid it. Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am about to put in a request for my transcript to be sent to AMCAS at my school. As I was filling out the transcript request form on AMCAS, it asked for an ID number, and my only choice was to put SS#. Is this the same for all of you? I rather just put my AMCAS ID number there but its not one of the choices, why not? Can I just white it out and put my AMCAS ID instead, I rather not have this number on form if I can avoid it. Thx!

The ID number on the transcript request form is your school ID number, not your AMCAS ID. Giving a school your AMCAS ID won't help them find your transcript. Use either your school ID or your SS#. You may have to use your SS# if your school has changed registrar systems after you've graduated (like mine).

Hi
You have to add additional "Alternate IDs" (under Identifying Information) in order to have additional chocies in the ID number drop-down field.

You should enter in your student ID number[1] for each school you need to request transcripts from, and then when you prepare your transcript requests you can choose the appropriate ID for the school.

1. Which might still be an SSN, depending on how many decades ago you attended said college... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to add additional "Alternate IDs" (under Identifying Information) in order to have additional chocies in the ID number drop-down field.

You should enter in your student ID number[1] for each school you need to request transcripts from, and then when you prepare your transcript requests you can choose the appropriate ID for the school.

1. Which might still be an SSN, depending on how many decades ago you attended said college... :rolleyes:

This.

I sent my transciprts without a transcript request form and they were up after a week of me mailing them.