Transcript Requests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dochoov

Intercalating Death Disk
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out my AMCAS application right now. I only took one online class away from my primary college, and also had 3 AP credits transfer. The credits from the online class transfered to this college as they were necessary for graduation. Do I need to request a transcript from the school that I took the online course from? Also, do I need to request a transcript for the AP credits? Sorry if the requested information is abundantly clear somewhere, but I have been unable to find the answers I need.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm filling out my AMCAS application right now. I only took one online class away from my primary college, and also had 3 AP credits transfer. The credits from the online class transfered to this college as they were necessary for graduation. Do I need to request a transcript from the school that I took the online course from? Also, do I need to request a transcript for the AP credits? Sorry if the requested information is abundantly clear somewhere, but I have been unable to find the answers I need.

Yep, it's abundantly clear in the AMCAS Applicant Instruction Guide on pages 27-29 in the section, "Is a transcript required?". Do your homework.

Online Course that transferred credit (Excerpts from Page 27)
"One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned. This includes but is not limited to:
  • Colleges at which you originally attempted a course, even if transfer credit was subsequently accepted by another school.
  • Courses that did not count toward a degree, regardless of whether credit was earned or transferred.
  • Extension programs through which you attempted courses, if a separate transcript is provided by the Extension Division
  • Correspondence and home study programs."
AP Credit (Except from 28/29)
If credit has been granted, courses/exams should be listed according to the instructions regarding AP credit. Do not send high school transcripts or AP test scores to AMCAS.

So the answers to your questions, in order, are yes and no.
-z

And here is the nice answer. Yes, you need a transcript for your online course. No, you don't need anything for the AP course--your college transcript with the acknowledged AP credit is sufficient.

Good luck!