Transcription

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justcallmepsych4life

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many pages would a 5-6 minute transcript be? We have to create a transcript of a "pretend session" for class.

Members don't see this ad.

How many pages would a 5-6 minute transcript be? We have to create a transcript of a "pretend session" for class.
That's impossible to tell. There are lots of factors involved (e.g., what kind of therapy, what kind of pathology is at work, etc.), some patients are now loquacious than others, and there are often silent moments.

Likely not more than a couple of pages assuming 250-300 words per page. Maybe 3 pages if the patient is very talkative, pressured, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
One spoken minute is usually around 10 lines, so 6 minutes would be about 60 lines, or roughly 2 pages. Most transcription companies use single space, so this would be 1.5 pages at the most.

one session is 6 minutes long?

one session is 6 minutes long?
I think they are just supposed to make up a six-minute segment of a typical session. I just don't understand why they don't have the students do some roleplaying as patients and providers, record it, and then transcribe it.

ImageUploadedBySDN1518413996.897628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user