Transcripts directly from the school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lonely star

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 1st time applying and I’m a little bit confused when the school asked for transcripts to be directly sent from the dental school in my home country, how do you do that? My school would never reply by email or send any document, so do I have travel back and send the documents from there or how do y’all do that?

And also some schools ask for notarized copy of the transcripts, so do you just photocopy the transcripts that you have and send it to them?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

This is my 1st time applying and I’m a little bit confused when the school asked for transcripts to be directly sent from the dental school in my home country, how do you do that? My school would never reply by email or send any document, so do I have travel back and send the documents from there or how do y’all do that?

And also some schools ask for notarized copy of the transcripts, so do you just photocopy the transcripts that you have and send it to them?

Thank you
you should have some type of registrar or academic office that maintains records of all students. Your school, if accredited in your home country, should be able to send documents. Have you never done that before when applying to the college and sending your highschool (secondary school) transcripts?

You shouldn't have to travel back to get them, the school should be able to do it. I would contact them, call the school or have family there do it for you before traveling if you must.

Side note: How did you get in contact with your school when you were there learning if they never responded to email?

Notarizing transcripts is not just photocopying them. I'm not sure if your country has notaries, I just know it's something we do in the States whereby someone who is considered a "notary" who is certified to verify documents will then stamp the document verifying that it is indeed authentic after witnessing you sign it stating it is yours. Photocopying it does not mean it's been notarized, usually you have to go in person to have something notarized. Once notarized and has the stamp and your signature, I believe you can photocopy it and send it.

I would ask for clarification from the schools and make this apparent. First contact your program and see if they can do it, even if you think they won't it's still far better to ask now than later. Then contact the new program you are applying to, someone in the office should be able to help if they deal with international dentists through a PASS program, they hopefully will be more familiar and be more helpful.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you
That is weird, most want a ECE translated transcript. The original ones you would have to given only if/when you are accepted and you don't see them again. However, you wouldn't need your international ones once you get a US degree since it's higher ranking.