Transcripts problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherries

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
i'm new to forum and i have a dilemma ...i hope i could get some help.
I'm planning to apply to pharm school this fall and i was just wondering if you don't send all of your transcript, will the school find out? my situation: a few years ago, i signed up for a bio class at a nearby cc and i stopped going to class and forgot to drop the class, so i end up getting an F in the class of course. Now my question is, if i don't send that transcript, will the school/pharmcas ever find out? it was only one class. and what happens if you got accepted already and the school find out? thanks for all your input! i appreciate it alot...this dilemma has been stressing me out.
<3

Members don't see this ad.

send the transcript, retake the class and get an A and my guess is they will overlook one class that happened a few years back. if not just explain what happened on the supplemental app or in your interview. not sending it could be viewed as dishonest

Hi everyone
i'm new to forum and i have a dilemma ...i hope i could get some help.
I'm planning to apply to pharm school this fall and i was just wondering if you don't send all of your transcript, will the school find out? my situation: a few years ago, i signed up for a bio class at a nearby cc and i stopped going to class and forgot to drop the class, so i end up getting an F in the class of course. Now my question is, if i don't send that transcript, will the school/pharmcas ever find out? it was only one class. and what happens if you got accepted already and the school find out? thanks for all your input! i appreciate it alot...this dilemma has been stressing me out.
<3

No one is perfect! None...but there is a time for everything. It would be impossible for the school to track the record of every student who applied, then and now...I am pretty sure if I were to talk to some pharmacist, md, do, etc...one or two who slip through the admission system, got in, you can say it was luck. Once in a while, a student could slip through the admission system without telling the school that they went here and there. I think it would be impossible to go through the record of every student that ever applied or apply and track down where they went. If the school were to go back and look at every student in every little details or have accessed to all the schools record there are/were, and look at every school record and history of all the students; by the way, who in the US have not gone to school?, and see where they went, that would be impossible, perhaps in the millions or billions. No one is going to admit it, but I am pretty sure there are some who have gone through the system lying and got in. And again, once you become a pharmacist, etc, does it matter? So no one is perfect...and again, life isn't fair! or is it...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for helping out..makes me feeling a little at ease...but i have another question..or two... i'm afraid if i don't send it in, will they find out when they do a criminal/backgrouind check on you? that's one of the requirement right? and i heard something about all your social security will be linked through or something? *sigh*... thanks for your input!

thanks for helping out..makes me feeling a little at ease...but i have another question..or two... i'm afraid if i don't send it in, will they find out when they do a criminal/backgrouind check on you? that's one of the requirement right? and i heard something about all your social security will be linked through or something? *sigh*... thanks for your input!

Your criminal/background check is another issue, separate from the school record. The reason why it is required is that you have to be registered with the board of pharmacy or even to get a job. What's the purpose of applying or going to school anyways, to eventually get a good job, so you will need to get a criminal/background check along the way, before or after, there's no other way if you don't want a job. As always, you will need your social security for identication purposes and for fingerprint live-scan. Don't bother asking me how to get away with this, the answer is obvious, getting an F does not indicate that you're a criminal, or does it and depending on the nature of the so-called "educational crime", but that's a separate issue/incident, which can be linked if it's on record. I think there are two seperate questions on the application ..have you ever been convicted, and, have you ever been dismissed, so I think you should know the answer;

hi pharmacia...
thanks for helping but i'm a little more confused...i was just wondering ..i mean if i don't report/send the transcript that i got an F from...will it show that i attend certain school when they do the criminal/background check? i'm a little scared about this and some of my friends are having the same problem...but from what i hear from is that...when they do a criminal/background check...everything will appear, even the schools that you attended and possibly the classes you took...is that true? the different schools that i attended will not be able to release anything of mine unless i authorize them to do so...right? well, thanks a million for your help again!

hi pharmacia...
thanks for helping but i'm a little more confused...i was just wondering ..i mean if i don't report/send the transcript that i got an F from...will it show that i attend certain school when they do the criminal/background check? i'm a little scared about this and some of my friends are having the same problem...but from what i hear from is that...when they do a criminal/background check...everything will appear, even the schools that you attended and possibly the classes you took...is that true? the different schools that i attended will not be able to release anything of mine unless i authorize them to do so...right? well, thanks a million for your help again!

The answer is no! There is always a BUT-if you got the "F" because it's not educational related (you didn't well, etc), and it get translated into a crime which is show in your record, then yes, it will show. You're basically stuck with it. Again, getting an F does not indicate you've committed a crime, it just reflects that you're a little slow at getting an A.

It's only one F, how badly does it affect your GPA? From what I know, the school cannot see your transcripts unless you have authorized it, but they, however, can check and see what schools you've attended.

Criminal background checks are just a through check of major crimes like sex offenses, felonies, etc. Unless you got busted for a major plagiarism scandal, getting an F is not a crime.;)

Retake the class, do well, and send in the updated transcript. Though pharmacia07 is probably correct about people "falling through the cracks" by getting accepted into pharmacy school with some information withholding, but I wouldn't risk getting my offer revoked while getting blackballed during the next admissions cycle if the school somehow found out about your additional schooling.

If you falsify your application and it is discovered your degree could be rescinded. It's not worth it.

Well said. See: admissions counselor, MIT. She was at that job 28 years before it was found that she falsified her resume. Fired her on the spot.

It's only one F. Easy to explain. Tell them what you told us.

The one very hazy gray area would be if you had taken those classes at the CC while you were in high school as part of accelerated learning. Since it would be considered a high school extension, there's an uncertainty as to whether you are required to report it. Because it would be regarded as part of your high school coursework, the answer technically is no, but it is a college-level course so it's possible you should. But just to be safe, you should report it anyway. It's not like they'll put much weight on it. It would have been what, 5 -6 years? They're not going to sweat about that.