Transfer credit from high school..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AADSAS emphasizes the requirement to have each individual college send a transcript if I've taken classes. I had gotten credit for spanish which was taken during my senior year in high school..but it shows up on my undergraduate transcript as transfer credits, to fulfill my language requirement. There is no grade for it showing up. Do I need to go back to that college and ask to send an official transcript for one class I took in high school..? I doubt they would even have record of that by now anyway. I'm a bit overly worried cuz crunch time is approaching haha

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you would need to obtain an official transcript from that college.
I dont even remember the grade I got cuz it was 5 years ago...and the grade doesn't apply to my college grade. If the grade wasn't good, will this look bad? This is so complicated if I really need to.
=((. Again, to be clear, I should make sure to "submit" my AADSAS before I give my colleges the matching form and request to send transcripts right? Thanks so much for your help sjv, I really appreciate your responses.

oh and also, I didn't even attend that college. It was a thing that my high school offered >< I'll call AADSAS tomorrow to just make sure =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont even remember the grade I got cuz it was 5 years ago...and the grade doesn't apply to my college grade. If the grade wasn't good, will this look bad? This is so complicated if I really need to.
=((. Again, to be clear, I should make sure to "submit" my AADSAS before I give my colleges the matching form and request to send transcripts right? Thanks so much for your help sjv, I really appreciate your responses.

oh and also, I didn't even attend that college. It was a thing that my high school offered >< I'll call AADSAS tomorrow to just make sure =)

No, you enter schools into AADSAS and get transcript matching form. Take that form to the dept that handles transcripts, have them include it in the envelope, wait until AADSAS receives them, then click submit.

If it was informal enough, you may not have to/be able to list it.

Thank you!! I'll double check. TY for the aadsas info.

I had to do this for a post-secondary calculus class I received credit for in high school. But it was beneficial to me since it was a 6 credit hour class (on quarters) that helped boost my GPA. I don't know of any dental schools that have Spanish pre-reqs, but it may still help out your GPA. The school that provided the class should still have records for it.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to do this for a post-secondary calculus class I received credit for in high school. But it was beneficial to me since it was a 6 credit hour class (on quarters) that helped boost my GPA. I don't know of any dental schools that have Spanish pre-reqs, but it may still help out your GPA. The school that provided the class should still have records for it.
but in my undergraduate college doesnt accept grades from anywhere else, so I dont think it applies to me ><. i only got credit for em to bypass our language requirements

Did you take this as a high school course, or was it through a college?

What, exactly, does it say on your transcript? If you really don't have an actual grade for it, you could always just into a "P" as your grade (for "pass") or something like that. I doubt it will matter too much. Let me know what your transcript shows.

Did you take this as a high school course, or was it through a college?

What, exactly, does it say on your transcript? If you really don't have an actual grade for it, you could always just into a "P" as your grade (for "pass") or something like that. I doubt it will matter too much. Let me know what your transcript shows.
it just says course and units! and it says transfer credit, and there are no grades. I took it because my high school offered it.