1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Transfer schools > Big GPA Increase

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by velocicaur, Jun 20, 2008.

1. velocicaur

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hey guys,

What do dental schools think of someone that transfers schools and really turns their studies around?

For example, I have gone to my current school for 5 years, 3.00 cum gpa, 85ish credits with grades with about 10 F's and 10 W's.

I transfer to another school on the same academic levels, same state, etc. I go there for 5 semesters (75-80 credits) and really turn things around - 3.7/3.8GPA.. (what I had before the F's started rolling in.)

Obviously, this is a favorable turn around. But, I'm sure I'll be asked why I could not hold my 3.7/3.8gpa at my other school. Will I be viewed as weak/not able to deal with adversity/etc. I realize it is my own fault for letting things slip and that my current school is an excellent institution, I just want out.

Edit: Or is it really not that big of a deal? Am I just over thinking it?

Just looking for thoughts.

Thanks

#1 velocicaur, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.