Transfer to US Allo School after SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alan06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
WHY?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You end up back in the USA after the 2 years of basic Sci to do clinicals
You cannot transfer till after step one so you will be doing the same thing as the US students, clinical science.:confused::confused:
SGU students Match pretty well. that step one score will not change.

So I wonder whats the big deal really?:confused::confused:

You still have to report to the License board you went to SGU.

Members don't see this ad :)
WHY?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You end up back in the USA after the 2 years of basic Sci to do clinicals
You cannot transfer till after step one so you will be doing the same thing as the US students, clinical science.:confused::confused:
SGU students Match pretty well. that step one score will not change.

So I wonder whats the big deal really?:confused::confused:

You still have to report to the License board you went to SGU.

I think may be he want's be an AMG and also probably want's get into a very competitive residency. Other then that I don't really see any other reason. With all said I must say it's really hard to transfer from a non LCME accredited school. If you are that keen to be an AMG, might as well improve your stats, risk your money and try hard to get into LCME school.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks all for great insights. I just thought transfering to an U.S. school would save you $ if the school is your state school. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with SGU, in my own opinion I would rather pick SGU than going to be a D.O. in states.
Oh perhaps save $$ yes I agree.

Out of my SGU class of 250 or so, only 1 person transferred to a US school, she was AOA through the first 2 years and got a 240 on STEP 1. There were others in my class who had similar scores and did not transfer. So it really is not viable for most. The best thing about transfer would positioning yourself for the most competitive residencies

Out of my SGU class of 250 or so, only 1 person transferred to a US school, she was AOA through the first 2 years and got a 240 on STEP 1. There were others in my class who had similar scores and did not transfer. So it really is not viable for most. The best thing about transfer would positioning yourself for the most competitive residencies

IMHO Peds, IM, FP, OB makes little difference really stay in the Caribbean and finish.

Whoops, 2 years in Carb would be amazing if you ask me :p

AOA is the honors correct? what do you need to be accepted into that, and do you know where she went?