Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Transfer

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by magicaldinosaur, 05.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. magicaldinosaur

magicaldinosaur Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys, I need to know whether or not I should transfer. Currently, I'm working so hard to get B-s (averages) at a school very known for being premed heavy. Although all my peers tell me it's better to work hard for that B+/A- than to get an A for showing up, I don't buy it and I get bitter when speaking on the topic. I'm wondering if I should transfer to a state university.

If yes, is it possible to transfer for the fall despite the deadline? How will admissions view this clear easy-way out?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. amazing tekkers

amazing tekkers 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think it's too late for most fall transfers, some schools transfer deadline is June--check with your state university. It might be viewed as an easy way out, but other factors can be considered as well. Just work hard for A's and don't slack off.

4. Kochanie

Kochanie

Pre-Medical
    If you asked this you probably don't want to transfer.

5. justAstudent

justAstudent SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think you need to self evaluate and be honest with yourself as to whether or not you're doing everything you poasibly can to get an A. If there is am underlying problem with your study skills, transferring to another school won't necessarily mean better grades.

6. magicaldinosaur

magicaldinosaur Banned Banned Account on Hold

Pre-Medical
    I haven't tried my best by far. I'm just worried - B- average to B+A- average won't be enough if I step up my game. At a state university I have in mind, I know I could get As if I tried.

About the ads