Transfering from one medical school to Another

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dreambig2night

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How easy is it to transfer?

The school I will be attending is 5hrs away from home and I am considering transfering to a DO school that is 1.5hrs from home. would I be considered for transfer?

Lets say I do really well in my first year at Osteopathic Med school A, and have above avg MCAT stats ( if this even matters), Would Osteopathic Med school B consider me?
 
dreambig2night said:
How easy is it to transfer?

The school I will be attending is 5hrs away from home and I am considering transfering to a DO school that is 1.5hrs from home. would I be considered for transfer?

Lets say I do really well in my first year at Osteopathic Med school A, and have above avg MCAT stats ( if this even matters), Would Osteopathic Med school B consider me?

You may want to ask in the osteopathic forum.