TRANSFERRING A PRESCRIPTION

Started by tania88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tania88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am very confused about the refill amounts when I call for a transfer or a copy. I will appreciate if you clarify this for me.
Basically I dont know what dose it mean when someone says for example 1+ 0 refills
or what about 0 + 1?

what about when they say there is only 1 refills remain? how do you convert that to a number like above?


Thank you
 
When you transfer a prescription, that already counts as a fill.

1 + 0 means this fill + 0 refills. The pharmacist transferring the prescription over to you has a prescription that has 1 refill. When he transfers it out to you, it now has 0 refills.

0 + 1 makes no sense

If all they tell you over the phone is that there is 1 refill remaining. That would be a 1 + 0.
 
Last edited:
Hi there, for better answers involving pharmacists, next time try asking where more pharmacists hangout at this location
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy.122/
(You are asking in sub forum for pharmacy classes)

Basically I dont know what dose it mean when someone says for example 1+ 0 refills

It means you have this fill + zero more fill.

or what about 0 + 1?
It means confusing info given you, I would clarify by asking: please clarify, 1 plus zero?.

what about when they say there is only 1 refills remain? how do you convert that to a number like above?
Same, it often means 1 plus zero more. I would clarify by asking: please clarify, 1 plus zero?

If you ask Rite Aid for transfer from Rite Aid to you, insist on getting a fax. Rite Aid can just click and fax many scripts to you in 1 fax. Very efficient and clear. You will get all information, store's address, store's DEA, pharmacist's full name....refills remaining...everything....by fax. Win win solution.