Transferring CVS stores as a tech

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by law2pharm, 10.29.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. law2pharm

law2pharm

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi all,
    I've been offered a position to work as a tech for CVS (again). I'm planning to move back south around 6 months from now, so I was wondering if anyone has found it easy to transfer to another store in a completely different location. It's a question I feel a little uncomfortable asking the current store or recruiters. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dosepak

dosepak Pill Counter 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am a tech at CVS too and while I haven't personally transferred to another store, a friend of mine has. He told me the transferring process is very painless. You have to contact the store manager and pharmacy manager of the store you want to transfer to. And then he or she can start the process.

4. Kelp103

Kelp103 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you're moving far away, I don't think you'd have a problem. Like dosepak said, just contact the pharmacy you want to transfer to.
    If you aren't moving far away, you COULD have a problem. I know a tech that just transferred to my store had a huge problem because transfers apparently have to be approved by both pharmacists and her pharmacist wouldn't let her go until they hired someone (even though she lived like an hour away now and she had give him 3 weeks notice). It took that pharmacist quitting for her to finally be able to transfer (like 7-8 weeks if not longer after she gave her notice). We've had some other techs try to transfer who haven't be able to or had a hard time because the pharmacist didn't want to let them go, but this could just be in my area.

About the ads