Transferring from 1600/week CVS to 3000/week CVS

Started by hye345
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hye345

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Next week, I'll be leaving Northern Ca and transferring to the central coast. As the title suggests, the setting will change a lil' bit... Right now, my PIC and I only overlap on Mondays, and take turns working 12-hour days the rest of the week (excluding weekends). Speaking with my future DM, she said that the upcoming location has 3 pharmacists. Didn't mention overlap, but said that everyone's getting roughly 40 hours.

Anyone have any experience working the above volume? The closest I came was occasionally floating at a 2500/week store recently (which was messy and unorganized), and about 2 years before, grad-interning at a 3000/week one (but I didn't know much of anything then, so mostly kept my head down and tried not to get in anyone's way).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Appreciate the responses. The part that makes me nervous is that my current DM looked up their numbers recently... most of them were ok, but their WeCare (for that given week) was a 2. A 2 out of 100. Not literally the worst, but pretty damn close.
 
When those metrics are that low, it means they have given up on getting the numbers up.

I am a few years removed from my 3k CVS store. At first it had 4 pharmacists getting 35 hours each on average, then all the budget cuts reduced it to 3 pharmacists at close to 40. You can figure out how much overlap based on hours the store is open. My guess would be 4-6 hour overlap on a Monday and 2-4 hour overlap Tue-Fri. But again, that was a few years ago.
 
That store is ****ed with a 2 WeCare. Probably not enough "grinding" mentality.

I would know. I used to work at one. Brought it to 70-90 depending on what week the slow floater worked. 4 hrs RPH overlap with avg Rx sold of 2746/week in March 2015.

That's another thing I hate about retail. If everyone grinds this **** out it's fine but it just takes "that" pharmacist or a malcontent tech to bring **** crashing down
 
WeCare used to be easier. Now it's a lot harder. How can you get a 2? That's just mean the staff aren't really trying at anything and it's truly a S**tsh0w. The 8k/week store in my district got a 19 last week even. I'm struggling as well but as long as MCE is good and your not challenged, I'm okay....for now.
 
2 out of 100. Wow. I mean I don't think I could have hit 2 out of 100 if I tried. Presumably they got those 2 by accident/mistake.

@Sine Cura - If I could like that post 100x I would. You are exactly correct that "hitting the numbers" isn't really THAT difficult to score highly and it is actually reasonably easy to get mediocre scores as long as everyone is on board with gaming the system in the highest-yield ways possible. Literally all it takes is 1-2 'saboteurs' and everyone's work goes down the drain. Then it becomes a self-perpetuating system since no one wants to do the work if "someone" else isn't. Very demoralizing.
 
WeCare used to be easier. Now it's a lot harder. How can you get a 2? That's just mean the staff aren't really trying at anything and it's truly a S**tsh0w. The 8k/week store in my district got a 19 last week even. I'm struggling as well but as long as MCE is good and your not challenged, I'm okay....for now.

Do you mind if I ask what changed? Strictly out of a sense of curiosity naturally. 🙂
 
2 out of 100. Wow. I mean I don't think I could have hit 2 out of 100 if I tried. Presumably they got those 2 by accident/mistake.

@Sine Cura - If I could like that post 100x I would. You are exactly correct that "hitting the numbers" isn't really THAT difficult to score highly and it is actually reasonably easy to get mediocre scores as long as everyone is on board with gaming the system in the highest-yield ways possible. Literally all it takes is 1-2 'saboteurs' and everyone's work goes down the drain. Then it becomes a self-perpetuating system since no one wants to do the work if "someone" else isn't. Very demoralizing.

Exactly. You actively have to sit on a stool and twiddle your thumbs to get a score that low. I’m hoping they had a tech call out or some other random disaster...
 
Do you mind if I ask what changed? Strictly out of a sense of curiosity naturally. 🙂

I'll look into it more this weekend if I have time but they are correct...WeCare grading has definitely changed in the last 6-12 months and it doesn't make perfect sense IIRC. Getting a 2/100 in this new system is not anything remotely close to getting a 2/100 in the old system (if that was even possible lol).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad