Transferring from online school senior year - red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm not trying to be mean but a 3.5 from a CC and online degree will not be good news for MD schools. If you can do a bachelor's in 2 years at a state brick-and-mortar school, I think that will be best. Be careful to get a 3.5+ though, as a decrease will likely be viewed as an inability to handle tougher courses.

Medical schools have serious reservations about both CC and online courses. It's a heavy seller's market in admissions nowadays, so don't give them any reason to reject you.
 
I concur. Many MD schools seem to not like online coursework. Invest in MSAR Online to find out which ones do and don't.


I'm not trying to be mean but a 3.5 from a CC and online degree will not be good news for MD schools. If you can do a bachelor's in 2 years at a state brick-and-mortar school, I think that will be best. Be careful to get a 3.5+ though, as a decrease will likely be viewed as an inability to handle tougher courses.

Medical schools have serious reservations about both CC and online courses. It's a heavy seller's market in admissions nowadays, so don't give them any reason to reject you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the tips.
Which would be better:
graduating with a online bachelors, going for 2nd B&M bachelors?
or transferring before final semester to B&M and only earning one bachelors?