Transferring from online school senior year - red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkattack19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be mean but a 3.5 from a CC and online degree will not be good news for MD schools. If you can do a bachelor's in 2 years at a state brick-and-mortar school, I think that will be best. Be careful to get a 3.5+ though, as a decrease will likely be viewed as an inability to handle tougher courses.

Medical schools have serious reservations about both CC and online courses. It's a heavy seller's market in admissions nowadays, so don't give them any reason to reject you.

I concur. Many MD schools seem to not like online coursework. Invest in MSAR Online to find out which ones do and don't.

I'm not trying to be mean but a 3.5 from a CC and online degree will not be good news for MD schools. If you can do a bachelor's in 2 years at a state brick-and-mortar school, I think that will be best. Be careful to get a 3.5+ though, as a decrease will likely be viewed as an inability to handle tougher courses.

Medical schools have serious reservations about both CC and online courses. It's a heavy seller's market in admissions nowadays, so don't give them any reason to reject you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the tips.
Which would be better:
graduating with a online bachelors, going for 2nd B&M bachelors?
or transferring before final semester to B&M and only earning one bachelors?

Thanks for the tips.
Which would be better:
graduating with a online bachelors, going for 2nd B&M bachelors?
or transferring before final semester to B&M and only earning one bachelors?
Whichever one is cheaper :D

med schools don't tend to like online degrees