Transferring to another fellowship program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluevisiononc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apologize if this question has been answered here before, I tried using the search tool to no avail.

I'm not entirely thrilled about my fellowship program and I had a few questions that maybe someone out there can help me with.

What are the possibilities of changing to another Hematology/Oncology program in the area? How does funding work for fellowship? is it similar to residency and as easy to change programs?. Also when is the right time to start reaching out to PDs about the possibility of a transfer since we are in the middle of interview season.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not that easy. H/O is increasingly becoming more desirable. What particular issues are you having? Or what do you feel is lacking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I apologize if this question has been answered here before, I tried using the search tool to no avail.

I'm not entirely thrilled about my fellowship program and I had a few questions that maybe someone out there can help me with.

What are the possibilities of changing to another Hematology/Oncology program in the area? How does funding work for fellowship? is it similar to residency and as easy to change programs?. Also when is the right time to start reaching out to PDs about the possibility of a transfer since we are in the middle of interview season.

Thanks
On what planet is changing residency programs "easy"?

Changing fellowships is hard, but not impossible. Especially since, once July 1, 2019 rolls around, your current PD will have gotten all the work s/he needs out of you and will probably be happy to see you go.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Thanks

Which year of fellowship are you in? Are you still looking to change your program? I may be able to help.