NatureGirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Is it true that if you transfer to a different school after any amount of time, your previous GPA isn't calculated or doesn't show on your transcripts, so you start out fresh and new. I just wondered, because I did pretty crappy the first quarter of my freshmen year (passing but Cs). I am transferring to a different university after sophomore year and was just wondering. Would medical schools look at your previous transcript, too? If anybody has any idea, I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2001
Limbo
www.xocandles.com
Status
Attending Physician
Sorry, those grades will follow you wherever you go. AMCAS also requires official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities that you have attended.

MGoBlue13

Grizzled Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2002
The Range
Visit site
Status
Med schools require all of your transcripts, so transferring won't get you out of that. So stick with it, we all got bad grades our first semesters.

About the Ads

GoodMonkey

sproutmobile
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2002
banging your head against a wall burns 150 calorie
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you'll get a brand-spankin'-new GPA at your new school, w/o the other school's grades factored in .... but like everyone else has said, when you apply to med school, you need to submit *all* transcripts from *any* college course you may have taken (pottery at the local CC included), and your GPA is calculated as an overall. ah, the crappy grades will follow us around forever....

OP
N

NatureGirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Thanks, you guys, that was helpful. I guess I really knew it---I was just hoping against hope---in denial.

About the Ads