transferring to radiology

Started by mechanix
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mechanix

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Im an IM resident at a top IM residency. Im thinking of transferring to a radiology residency somewhere. Family demands and personality conflicts are making me think of transferring. I applied to both rads and IM when I was a 4th year and got good interviews on both. Does anyone know what the process is? Im contemplating the move right now and I just want to know the process.

I have been reading about it and it seems pretty hard to do but I think Ive got good qualifications and Im just about done with PGY1 which would count as a prelim year.