Transferring TO Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fade Down

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has transferred from a foreign school to Ross. I'm in my third year of med in the middle East and was hoping to get a transfer to Ross because of their clinical training in the states. Has anyone done this before, or have heard of anyone who has? If so, I wanted to know what I need to do and how easy/difficult it is. I've tried emailing Ross on three occasions to two email addresses ([email protected] and [email protected]) and have recieved no reply. As for my school, it's WHO listed and I'm among the top ten students in my class. I'm gonna write Step 1 next summer and have not written the MCAT. If anyone can give me any info I'd greatly appreciate it. Peace

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Ross twice and was rejected both times, so I hate Ross! The application process was a nightmare, I fed-exed it, they couldn't find it and on and on. I'm not the only one. So, I would probably look at AUC, SABA or SGU. Having said that, Ross has a lot to offer. You might want to give them a call; maybe they will provide you with better service than they provided me. I sure hope so, it could not be any worse. I hate Ross! They feel I was not qualified for their school, and I know I am! Sooner or later the truth will come out. Then we will know who was right! Best wishes!

I just foung out today that Saba was voted the #2 Caribbean school, more to come on this. SGU is still #1. As I said before on and on, Look at the Step 1 scores, enough said. I really should be paid by Saba SOM for these plugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just foung out today that Saba was voted the #2 Caribbean school, more to come on this. SGU is still #1. As I said before on and on, Look at the Step 1 scores, enough said. I really should be paid by Saba SOM for these plugs.

ROSS ADMIN IS SHAKY

THEY TURN DOWN MORE QUALIFIED APPS EVER NOW DON T KNOW WHY BUT IT MUST BE MONEY RELATED MAYBE THEY FEEL THAT THE STUDENTS ARE NOT RICH ENOUGH FOR THEIR HIGH TUITION WHO KNOWS

Great point. SABA seems to have been and continues to do well. You may want to look at them or even AUC over Ross, and of course SGU. Best wishes!

Well, that's two more emails I've sent to Ross, including one to the regional director of admissions, and still no reply. I'm open to any med school that allows me to do rotations in the states. I only wanted info on Ross first because a) I've known about it for many years and have heard many good things and b) they have postings near Michigan which is where I have family (I was hoping to get into a hospital maybe in Chicago). Anyway if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Yeah, I applied and got rejected twice by Ross. I even had an interview my first time, but I am soooo arrogant, I'm sure the guy/loser who interviewed me didn't like me. My point is that I had a horrible application experience too, so I wanted many times to tell them what they could do with their application process. However, in light of the fact that Ross has so many good things going for it in the long run, I had to swallow some pride. I'd say, stay at them, as it will show determination and perseverance. They simply have a lot of applicants and cannot get right back to everyone. Be patient, and hang in there. Just my opinion, best wishes!

Well, that's two more emails I've sent to Ross, including one to the regional director of admissions, and still no reply. I'm open to any med school that allows me to do rotations in the states. I only wanted info on Ross first because a) I've known about it for many years and have heard many good things and b) they have postings near Michigan which is where I have family (I was hoping to get into a hospital maybe in Chicago). Anyway if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

That's odd from what I've heard, and the experience that I had. I just completed my app about 6 weeks ago, and just got accepted yesterday. I'm really sorry that you've had such a rough time. My advice would be to call the NJ office, talk to a rep and explain your situation. I wouldn't sound pissed off (even though I'd have to imagine you are, and I can understand why), but I'd explain that you're really interested in their program because you've heard great things, etc... and what can you do to move along the process. If you can connect with a good addmissions rep there, get to know them, and work with them, it should help a lot. Just stay on top of your application... it'll let them know you're really serious about going!

Great info.:)

no joke intended but SABA should consider changing its school name, who the heck wants to say they went to SABA for med school. SGU at least were smart enough to have a more academic name that sounds like those who hear the name can take it more serious.
And about the OP who said SABA is officially ranked #2, what ranking did you look at USNEWS report, hahah. SABA is one of the better carib schools but i think they have A LOT of catching up to do when it comes to facilities, being licensed in ALL 50 states, better clinicals, etc... Ross is an extremely high candidate for #2 or even #1 one day if the administration gets some brain and starts becoming more organized in every aspect of the school from hiring faculty, to handling applications and students properly, to helping and being a good source for students during basic sciences and clinicals. Its said for a school like Ross to have all the money they have and have such disorganization and screwed up administration. I would guess that SGU and ROSS probably work on a similar budget, but SGU tends to invest more money in keeping SGU more organized and student friendly. They faculty recruitment and student attention seems to be outstanding compared to all the other carib schools.
Just my 2 cents.

Well, SGU and AUC aren't options for transferring as far as I know. SGU only accepts transfers into second year and both schools require an MCAT which unfortunately I haven't done (long story). I emailed SABA last week and got an immediate response from a Dr. Bernstein, who forwarded the email to the Clinical dean who was out of town but would be back soon. As for ROSS, I've contacted a friend who just transferred there from another school and he had the same initial troubles getting replies. But he persisted, and eventually got in and is starting clinicals soon. I guess I might have to phone them and get on their case and hope for the best. Thanks for your help, I'll update you soon if I hear anything.

Where do you find out the carrib med school rankings?

I just make assumptions based on how many states they are licensed for.

SGU, ROSS, AUC= 50 states