Transferring To Vial

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdx1234

Reaction score
I have a question for you pathologist.

First this is not a hypothetical question. I have done this in real life. But I am interested to know of possible ways I could do it better.

I know you will ask why before I get an answer. I have tried asking this question many ways. I have asked it in many different fields. Nobody will touch it. But I figured if anyone could give me a genuine reply to such a simple thing it would be the experts who deal in these matters so here goes.

There are many different bio meds out today. The simple problem is that most have to be kept at a certain temp and they come in a large oversized injection device. This is a Serious complication to someone that wants to travel great distances across the world on very long flights.

My solution is to simply inject the (example) 0.4ml of liquid into either a 0.5ml or 1.0ml glass sterile vial. This vial takes up about a tenth of the space of the injection device. Simply put now I can carry 10 injections in place of 1 of the original injection devices.

I have a dison bc1500a travel cooler that holds 1.5Liters of space with several batteries. Each battery holds 8 hours of charge. This device keeps the liquid cool 36 degrees if I want that setting. I can carry the device on a plane with me. I have a backpack that it fits in real nice.

Now you understand what I want to do. Travel with as much of my medicine as possible.

Now my questions. When transferring from injection device to vial...

I have been told of the possibility that air pressure may increase and blow the lid off the glass vial but I have never seen that happen.

I have been told of possible contamination issues but I am using gloves and a clean sterile field to transfer.

So what is the problem injecting the liquid from the device into the sterile glass vial with rubber top?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't read your post but sounds like a great idea. Or a terrible one. Anyways good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Really doesn’t have beans to do with pathology or the skill set.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.