Transferring Universities

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by peppercat, Jun 26, 2002.

1. peppercat

peppercat Senior Member

I'm transffering this fall from UCCB to Dalhousie. Anyway I was wondering when I apply for med school will they only use the grades that were used as transfer credits for my GPA or even the marks that weren't transferred. I realize that I would have to send a transcript from both universities but will those courses that were not transferred to dalhousie for credit for my degree be overlooked.
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

every single course you have taken will be used to recalc your grades - so no fear, nothing will get lost in the transfer
    -jot

4. peppercat

peppercat Senior Member

Thats actually a bad thing because the 2 classes that I took that weren't transferred were horrendous and embarassing marks. They were passes but horrible. God, I wish they would go away. One was a B+ the other a D!! OMG a D!

5. paean

paean Senior Member

Every class will count, but if you get good grades, A's & A-'s (a few B+'s are acceptable) from here on out, and retake the class you got the D in (if it was an elective, at least take a class that uses the same kinds of skills) to show that you are a good student, you will be at least on par with most the other applicants.