Transferring Universities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppercat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm transffering this fall from UCCB to Dalhousie. Anyway I was wondering when I apply for med school will they only use the grades that were used as transfer credits for my GPA or even the marks that weren't transferred. I realize that I would have to send a transcript from both universities but will those courses that were not transferred to dalhousie for credit for my degree be overlooked.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

every single course you have taken will be used to recalc your grades - so no fear, nothing will get lost in the transfer
-jot

Thats actually a bad thing because the 2 classes that I took that weren't transferred were horrendous and embarassing marks. They were passes but horrible. God, I wish they would go away. One was a B+ the other a D!! OMG a D!

Every class will count, but if you get good grades, A's & A-'s (a few B+'s are acceptable) from here on out, and retake the class you got the D in (if it was an elective, at least take a class that uses the same kinds of skills) to show that you are a good student, you will be at least on par with most the other applicants.