Transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BulletproofMONK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wondered if anyone knew how medical schools deal with undergrad's that transferred more than once. Like for instance I started out at Oakland U but then I f***** up and ended up going to a community college for a year. I'm back at OU now, but I've been thinking about going to U of M (michigan) which is like a top 25 school (but you guys prolly already knew that huh? duh.) Anyways, right now with the ways my grades are going that I should be able to transfer, only thing is I'm worred about how the med schools will see it. I know how they average your grades for the MCAT's (for instance if you took biochemistry 3 times they avereage the 3 grades together and that's what you got for the class) but do they do that for transfer students too? Because if i were to transfer my classes to U of M only my credits transfer and not my GPA. Anyways I hope somebody knows what i'm trying to ask here cause I'm kinda thinking of not transfering at all if it messes me up more then it'll help me. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to list each of the classes and schools on your AMCAS application and send in a transcript from each school. If you do transfer the credits, AMCAS will use the info off the original school's transcript.

Hope that helps!:)

You will have to list each of the classes and schools on your AMCAS application and send in a transcript from each school. If you do transfer the credits, AMCAS will use the info off the original school's transcript.

Ok, well that makes sense, but do you think it'll hurt me later when i try to apply to med school? Say I did bad my first year and a half but after that I did really really good, how are my chances looking? I'm counting on trying to get a really good MCAT score too if that helps any. Any other comments or suggestions??? :confused:

Be sure that you get your GPA up as much as possible and do well on the MCAT. Yours won't be the first application with low grades for freshman year. There are many people who bombed their first attempt at college who end up improving and getting into med school. Anything you can do to make the rest of your application look good (medically-related job, volunteer work,
research, etc) would help out, too. Good luck!