Transgender patient question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daitong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so in terms of ethics, suppose you have a XY sex male who is transgender (ie female gender identity); are they more likely to be attracted to same gender/opposite gender/can't tell?

My old answer would be that they are attracted to the opposite gender? But then again opposite gender in this case would be male sex? This PC culture has really confused me...or would it be can't tell?

Members don't see this ad.

option "can't tell". I'm thinking based off what I have seen, some transgender female (male turned female) are attracted to male and some attracted to female. this is based of movies and real life observation. correct me if I am wrong

If gender identity is female (transsexual), they will be attracted to males.
This is from Kaplan behavioral science book.

Members don't see this ad :)
My suspicion is the answer should be 'can't tell.' For any person, using 'evidence' or not, to step in and think that he or she could make any presumption about another's sexual interests is in and of itself the point of mal-ethics.

I agree that you can't tell the sexual attraction/inclination/interest of a person from their gender identity so the likely answer would be "Can't tell" but IIRC they can't really have "none of the above" kind of choice on the real test.
Is "Can't tell" different than "none of the above" ?