Transplant anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested in pursuing this and wondering if there are fellowships out there for liver and heart. If not, how does one get into that area of anesthesiology?

TIA,

SW
 
sean wilson said:
I am interested in pursuing this and wondering if there are fellowships out there for liver and heart. If not, how does one get into that area of anesthesiology?

TIA,

SW

I have never heard of transplant fellowships, not sure they exist unless u know any. Most decent programs will give you enough experience to do transplants, but even then i don't think they are jobs out there that specialize in it since they are relativly rare.
 
NaeBlis said:
I have never heard of transplant fellowships, not sure they exist unless u know any. Most decent programs will give you enough experience to do transplants, but even then i don't think they are jobs out there that specialize in it since they are relativly rare.



Mayo has a transplant anesthesiology fellowship:
http://www.mayo.edu/msgme/transplant-anes-rch.html

Hopkins has a vascular, thoracic, and transplant fellowship (2yrs): http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/anesthesiology/Fellowships/fellow_vt.html
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We have a transplant fellowship for liver through Baylor Dallas. Hearts are usually included in your cardiac fellowship. I don't think there are any all inclusive transplant fellowships (heart, liver, kidneys, etc. rolled into one.).