Transplant Team Dead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Ashburn was an alum of my school. They sent out a mass email today. He had 3 children and a wife. Truly sad, and makes me think twice about aeromedical.

anybody know the outcome for the waiting recipient? Did he get to the OR? Prepped? Incision? Still alive?

anybody know the outcome for the waiting recipient? Did he get to the OR? Prepped? Incision? Still alive?

Still alive and put back on the wait list according to the news.

:cry:

Still alive and put back on the wait list according to the news.

:cry:

That's got to be hard on the patient. To know several people gave their lives trying to save yours.

Dr. Ashburn was an alum of my school. They sent out a mass email today. He had 3 children and a wife. Truly sad, and makes me think twice about aeromedical.

This was actually a fixed wing flight, not a rotor wing flight (helicopter)....So same odds as you flying anywhere commercially. And the cause has been determined to be mechanical, not pilot error or "pushing" the conditions.

Either way, a tragedy and an enormous loss.

This was actually a fixed wing flight, not a rotor wing flight (helicopter)....So same odds as you flying anywhere commercially. And the cause has been determined to be mechanical, not pilot error or "pushing" the conditions.

Yeah, I know, but at the same time, it is one of those situations where bad things rarely happen, but when they do happen you have a higher chance of getting dead. Just like riding a motorcycle.
Not quite the same risks as flying anywhere commercially, because the smaller planes are higher crash risks.