Trauma CME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFamily7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need Trauma related CME asap.
Anyone know of any free enjoyable online Trauma CME?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

It is hard to find free CME but you could complete some activities through a lot of journals if you have institutional access, or pay the relatively low cost to get CME through EMCrit if you're into that at all or another similar source. I think maybe the guy who does regionstraumapro has CME as well.

I use cmeweb.com

It's free and relatively painless

Members don't see this ad :)
Check and see if your bylaws/trauma system requirements allow Category 2 CMEs. If they do, your search got easier, as you can do it on your own. I am in no way advocating "cheating the system", merely stating that you might have done things already that you deserve credit for.
AMA PRA Category 2 Credit The AMA recognizes that there are other educational experiences that may not be developed by an accredited CME provider or may not qualify for direct credits, but that do provide valuable learning for the physician. Examples of such activities include: • Teaching residents, medical students or other health professionals • Unstructured online searching and learning (i.e., not Internet PoC) • Reading authoritative medical literature • Consultation with peers and medical experts • Group discussions • Self-assessment activities • Medical writing • Preceptorships • Research • Participating in live activities not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit Participation in an activity listed above may be claimed by the physician for AMA PRA Category 2 Credit™ if all three of the following are true: 1) The activity complies with the AMA definition of CME. 2) The activity complies with the AMA ethical opinions on gifts to physicians from industry and ethical issues in CME (i.e., is not promotional). 3) The activity is determined by the physician to be a worthwhile learning experience related to his or her practice. Accredited CME providers may not designate activities for AMA PRA Category 2 Credit. These must be claimed and documented by the physician learner. Recording AMA PRA Category 2 Credit activities is important, as these credits may count toward meeting the requirements for the AMA PRA, as well as for licensing and other credentialing requirements. When claiming AMA PRA Category 2 Credits, physicians should calculate the number of credits based on the number of hours of participation rounded to the nearest quarter hour (e.g., 85 minutes of participation amounts to 1.5 AMA PRA Category 2 Credits).
https://cme.ucsd.edu/docs/ama_pra_system_what_every_physician_should_know.pdf

Try freecme.com or medscape. All free, online, easy.

Reactions: 1 user