"Trauma: Life in the ER"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hedwig

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys noticed the preponderance of DOs featured on TLC's primetime show, "Trauma: Life in the ER." They're everywhere! Pretty damn cool if you ask me. So much for that small-minded "prestige" crap.

To what do you attribute this?

Unfortunately, there are probably millions of people out there trying to figure out, "Why does that surgeon's coat say D.O. on it?"

Members don't see this ad.

After 4 years as a paramedic working the road, er, and urgent care, along with volunteering and shadowing, the mere thought of that show makes me nauseated. I imagine you see them more because their numbers are increasing.

yea I watch the show fairly often. I also saw a DO who was a blackhawk pilot on wings. They called him a "flight surgeon" and said he studied osteopathic medicine prior to becoming a pilot. Pretty cool....

Members don't see this ad :)
I've noticed it too. Although, I don't think the latest episode @ Yale-New Haven featured any. There have been quite a few episodes. I remember the episode from Columbus, Ohio featured two DOs, one EM resident and the other was an orthopedic surgeon. The latest show from Vegas had an ER doc featured as well. Cool, huh?! DO's...my advice to you... in the words of rapper Petey Pablo..."Raise up!!!" hehe :)

I remember seeing a D.O. when they had the episode in New Jersey.