Travel ideas ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see you have alot of Obama voters.

Oh phooey. These very same patients seem to espouse right-wing principles (gun rights, pro life, anti gay marriage) when I get stuck in the room with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh phooey. These very same patients seem to espouse right-wing principles (gun rights, pro life, anti gay marriage) when I get stuck in the room with them.

That was a joke. To lighten RF's mood.

When it's your turn, I'll make some comment about RWNJ's.

You need to de- stress.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maui.
This is no great secret.
Was there earlier this year for the first time.
If you like the ocean and outdoor stuff, pretty amazing.
Usually at the end of a week, I'm ready to come home.
I was really sad to have to come home from that one.

I second this... Maui at Wailea area is the best.

Stay at the Four Seasons and call it a week.

go to Nicaragua or Costa Rica... way, way cheaper than Hawaii and less developed (a plus in my book).

fewer Americans too if you pick the right places! (can also be a plus!!)

Bolivia-very much off the beaten path. You can hit up the jungle, Lake Titicaca, bike down the world's most dangerous road. I spent 4 weeks there and it cost me all of $600 + airfare.
Australia-great beaches, nice people, lots of beer (although it's a bit more expensive than here)
New Zealand-lots of outdoorsy stuff if you're into that
Puerto Rico-lots of great food, nice beaches (if you leave San Juan)

If you are a hunter, the pheasant season is in full swing in South Dakota, it can be pretty therapeutic to take a couple friends and head out walking through fields looking for birds. It really takes your mind off of things and is healthier for you than sitting around. Prices are pretty reasonable around here too.

I know its all evil and what not, but has anyone here hunted some African game w/ a double rifle? I've always wondered about what it would be like to hunt some serious game. Are the animals desensitized to humans and dumbed down; or is the rhino going to charge you, and requiring the use of your second shot in the double rifle?

The biggest diameter round I've ever shot was a friends 8mm mauser, and the biggest pistol round was a smith 500. I'm just curios.

Good Eagles tunes, for sure - but I *can* tell you exactly why - its the "its not my fault, I'm a victim of (insert whatever here), and now I can't do anything and want everyone to make concessions for me. That disease is just so pervasive.

I'm in the habit of asking (for my "social history" questions)... do you smoke, do you drink, do you use any illegal drugs, and what do you do for work ? Notice that I don't ask "Do you work?", my question is framed such that I make the assertion that you SHOULD be doing something geared towards gainful employment. All too often, I get:

Smoke: Yes.
Drink: Yes.
Drugs: Marijuana.
Work: No, I'm disabled.

and I fail to see any reason as to why they're disabled. A whole nation of whiners that "can't work", but like to receive money from those who do. I see this attitude creeping into some people that I'm close to. Then, with some people that I'm close to, I see the attitude of : "Well, I'm upset because of ____, and as a result, I can't _____."

Knock it off, people. An inability to "get over it" is poisonous.

I'll ask what's the reason for disability. Especially when they say they have no medical problems. There should be at least one on the list if they are disabled.

I saw one patient who I thought was high/drunk. Was walking into things and acting funny per mother. Pt is 33. Lives with mother. No job. Wasn't trying for a job. Multiple acute CVAs on CT. He will be on disability now forever for a good reason. However, the not working before is not excusable - he never contributed to the funds he is now benefiting from.

I've been kinda bummed lately. Job has been wearing on me, lots of family stress. When I get this way, I think - "I just wanna go away for a bit and do nothing."

Who has been somewhere different or interesting these days ? I'm looking for ideas.

I went to Italy for a few weeks in Sept., if you have time and $ take a trip there.

Everyone is laid back. And there's gelato everywhere. Laws aren't really enforced, unless you throw a vespa on the soccer field during a match. ;)