Traveling for an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

liyahfan4life

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a P4 that will be graduating in May. I've interviewed with a few major retail companies and had a phone interview with CVS. I received an email from the recruiter in my area of interest requesting a in-person interview. It would really be a financial strain on me to travel out for an interview.

Is it okay to tell a recruiter that I can't afford to fly out for an interview? It is still a little early, but I haven't gotten any other offers. Most companies said I would hear something by early spring . This would not be my first choice job, but as of now, it is my only choice. What should I do?
 
I would ask to be reimbursed for half the cost. Is this a hard to place location?