Traveling Info for Pacific University

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucky112

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm flying in to Portland this thursday night and leaving Friday night for the interview. Does anyone know what the best way to get around from the airport, hotel, campus is? I am not sure whether I should get a rental, go by taxi, etc.

Also, I haven't booked a hotel yet, if you have any tips on which hotels are good please let me know!

Thanks in advance!=)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm flying in to Portland this thursday night and leaving Friday night for the interview. Does anyone know what the best way to get around from the airport, hotel, campus is? I am not sure whether I should get a rental, go by taxi, etc.

Also, I haven't booked a hotel yet, if you have any tips on which hotels are good please let me know!

Thanks in advance!=)

Hi there! First off, congratulations on the interview! As far as transportation from the airport goes, you have a couple options. If you are going to be there for only one day and feel comfortable navigating through Portland, I'd consider the rental car. It would be nice to have your own car to explore the area a bit if you so desire. If you don't want to rent a car, I would consider a shuttle to get you from the airport to your hotel. Check out this link for some shuttle services. http://www.flypdx.com/Grnd_Trans.aspx I used White Van, and the rate was about $55 from the airport to my apartment in Forest Grove (1 mile from school) plus tip. Click on "Door to Door Shuttles" You can call around to get the best rate. I think it will be much cheaper than a taxi.

Also, where are you planning on staying? If you stay close to the airport, your hotel may have a courtesy shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Personally, I would recommend staying in Forest Grove, because on the actual day of the interview you won't want to worry about the traffic in Portland, and on the highway between Portland and Forest Grove. (Portland is about 45 min-1 hr away from Forest Grove.)

http://www.pacificu.edu/info/hotelmotel/index.cfm Here is a list of hotels from Pacific's website. I would recommend the Best Western University Inn. Another excellent alternative is to call the Pacific Information Center and see if they have a guest suite to stay in. They usual reserve one or two rooms in one of the dorms for guests affliated with the university to stay in. You would only pay $30 or so, and you can walk from the room to your interview location, plus explore the campus a bit. I stayed there when I went to look for apartments, and the room is very nice with two beds, a living area, and small kitchen. Here is the info on the Guest Suites. http://www.pacificu.edu/info/guesthousing/index.cfm

Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck!

Hitchhike. Not only do you get a free ride, you'll get a great story to go along with it!

Thanks PrettyGreenEyes! Your links helped a lot. I also tried calling the guest housing at Pacific, but they haven't gotten back to me, my guess is, the rooms fill up fast. I'm looking forward to visiting OR for the first time! Too bad I have class on Sat, I wanted to stay a little longer to enjoy my visit..

I might be staying at the Best Western, and found a good deal on Dollar rental. Thanks again!