travelling pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yatzek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone knew about a pharmacist job that requires travelling, international type of travelling... i love travelling and i have citizenship in poland (european union) and australia (and no i dont have US citizenship)... so i wouldn't mind working for an american company but living elsewhere...Does anyone know of international pharmD jobs?? I am in my 2nd year now and thinking of residencies and stuff.. any advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend that works for the government

he flys all over the world in a job similar to FDA inspector

quite cool

Caverject said:
I have a friend that works for the government

he flys all over the world in a job similar to FDA inspector

quite cool

wouldn't mind doing something like that, i read a book abou the fda- seems like an underprivilaged organization and you dont get paid as much but i would be willing to work for them... whats the position name?

Members don't see this ad :)
yatzek said:
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone knew about a pharmacist job that requires travelling, international type of travelling... i love travelling and i have citizenship in poland (european union) and australia (and no i dont have US citizenship)... so i wouldn't mind working for an american company but living elsewhere...Does anyone know of international pharmD jobs?? I am in my 2nd year now and thinking of residencies and stuff.. any advice would be appreciated
I'm curious, How would that work in regards to licensure?

pharmforme said:
I'm curious, How would that work in regards to licensure?

i dunno, i got some firends from overseas and they had no probs... i guess you get one year to work on the F1 visa (that i have) and then if you dont have a wife or something (citizenship) you need to get a working visa ( and it shoudl nt be to hard to get as long as there is a pharmacist shortage)

yatzek said:
i dunno, i got some firends from overseas and they had no probs... i guess you get one year to work on the F1 visa (that i have) and then if you dont have a wife or something (citizenship) you need to get a working visa ( and it shoudl nt be to hard to get as long as there is a pharmacist shortage)

I guess pharmforme is asking either how to renew the pharmacy license if you work at different country or how to obtain the license in that country. Excuse me if I misunderstood as well. Anyways, for the first case, I bet you will be able to renew the license online thesedays. For the second case, I don't think you need to obtain any other license in that you will not practice in that country as a pharmacist if you work for pharmaceutical company.

imkim01 said:
I guess pharmforme is asking either how to renew the pharmacy license if you work at different country or how to obtain the license in that country. Excuse me if I misunderstood as well. Anyways, for the first case, I bet you will be able to renew the license online thesedays. For the second case, I don't think you need to obtain any other license in that you will not practice in that country as a pharmacist if you work for pharmaceutical company.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, but you answered my q ImKim...Thanks, that makes sense. Wow, cool job.

in order to work in australia, you will have to go to school for about 2 years- they do not accept the pharmD... im definitely not doing that... my initial question was how i could work for an american company (american licensed) but get to travel overseas... i am looking into FDA jobs, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

yatzek said:
in order to work in australia, you will have to go to school for about 2 years- they do not accept the pharmD... im definitely not doing that... my initial question was how i could work for an american company (american licensed) but get to travel overseas... i am looking into FDA jobs, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

BUMP :)

Most american companies who employ pharmacists do not require them to be licensed (ie drug companies). Two of my classmates went into this. Both are vps at companies in the US, but travel to other parts of the world - primarily Europe to meet with their cohorts there.

They are not practicing dispensing pharmacists here or there. One of them maintains licensure just for old times sake, but has not dispensed drugs in any fashion in 20 years.

They function just as any other business which does work internationally - they take their laptop, go to meetings all day, spend 5 days in a hotel & come back. For the most part - very dull. Both wish they could do their work by teleconference because they go to the same places each time.