treatment planning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronmexico

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any comments on the Khan treatment planning book that came out 2006? much has been said about the Khan physics bible, but i dont think i have heard his treatment planning text mentioned. specifically, how does in stack up with Bentel's planning text.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't used Kahn's treatment planning book, but I personally found Bentel to be a bit dated. Since it is new it might be more up to date and worth looking into.

ditto

although bentel is outdated, its nice to know how we treated people using standard radiotherapy techniques. treatment plannings has evolved greatly over the past 5-10 years, and more accurate descriptions may be found in textbooks and imrt books.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Ron,

We've got a copy in the resident office for general use. I've only glanced at it superficially, but it looks pretty good; comprehensive coverage of field design, physics (of course), IMRT/IGRT, brachy, etc. Some body sites are better than others; GI, GU, Thorax, Lymphoma and Sarcoma stand out as particularly good. I think it's a reasonable adjunct to a standard text, and offers some improvements over the field design usually covered in those texts.

you had me at we've

i use it an its excellent. this coming from someone who hates the khan physics book with passion.
much better than bentel (though bentel might be useful for beginners trying to grasp the basics of planning).

does anyone have any comments on the Khan treatment planning book that came out 2006? much has been said about the Khan physics bible, but i dont think i have heard his treatment planning text mentioned. specifically, how does in stack up with Bentel's planning text.

i should add its best to understand technologies rather than the specifics of treatment planning a given site. that is best done with literature and attending help.

i should add its best to understand technologies rather than the specifics of treatment planning a given site. that is best done with literature and attending help.

and with the assistance of your local dosimetrist/physicist.