Trick You don’t even have to rent an apartment in med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magyarzorag

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I realized my med schools has a new building full of large study/conference rooms. It also has a mini full kitchen and a shower as well as multiple restrooms. This is equivalent to my house. This building is also open 24 hours to med students but virtually empty at night, so you can just bring an air mattress (or even full size mattress, and sleep in one of the study rooms, shower, and cook your own food in the kitchen. Maybe you can bring a mini fridge also.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Right

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is how a lot of college students, including myself, got through undergrad without leasing an apartment or subletting.
Gym = shower and workout
Library / campus cafe = study area and internet
car = bed

the only thing is that you have to budget your dining appropriately so I just went on intermittent fasting (it's healthier anyways) and had 1-2 meals per day from the dining halls or nearby restaurants.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Lol It's the same thing at my school, but you'd get in trouble for doing this if anyone finds out. How do I know? Someone got in trouble for this exact situation.

Reactions: 1 users
If you were at a DO school you could nap in the OMM lab. :whistle:

Reactions: 1 user
Lol It's the same thing at my school, but you'd get in trouble for doing this if anyone finds out. How do I know? Someone got in trouble for this exact situation.
My school had a town hall recently saying because of COVID the building will no longer be open 24/7 lol

either way, i feel like this plan would be hard to pull off long term.

Reactions: 4 users
I realized my med schools has a new building full of large study/conference rooms. It also has a mini full kitchen and a shower as well as multiple restrooms. This is equivalent to my house. This building is also open 24 hours to med students but virtually empty at night, so you can just bring an air mattress (or even full size mattress, and sleep in one of the study rooms, shower, and cook your own food in the kitchen. Maybe you can bring a mini fridge also.
It's definitely possible, but it's also completely miserable

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.