Trig Identities Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links or recommendations for trig identity practice? When I googled them they were often too detailed or too simple, and usually just in small batches of like 5-10 questions. I think trig is probably the main thing I'm weak at after starting my QR practice, so focusing on it might help out a bit.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems I've been telling everyone this, but I swear by Wolfram Alpha. If you buy pro (~$5) there's a problem generator and you can select your difficulty. Its all areas too, so if you find another weak spot it'll help. If you want a free version, I'd recommend googling and just doing any problem you come across, easy or hard. Practice is practice.

It seems I've been telling everyone this, but I swear by Wolfram Alpha. If you buy pro (~$5) there's a problem generator and you can select your difficulty. Its all areas too, so if you find another weak spot it'll help. If you want a free version, I'd recommend googling and just doing any problem you come across, easy or hard. Practice is practice.
Oh yea I think I saw you mention that. Yea I'll probably pick that up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea I think I saw you mention that. Yea I'll probably pick that up.

It's online, www.wolframalpha.com. Seriously, it was one of the best resources for my degree.

EDIT: I just double checked, and was slightly misinformed. There's no trig practice for the problem generator. But there's stats, algebra, and other basic practice. Sorry!

Last edited:
It's online, www.wolframalpha.com. Seriously, it was one of the best resources for my degree.

EDIT: I just double checked, and was slightly misinformed. There's no trig practice for the problem generator. But there's stats, algebra, and other basic practice. Sorry!
Aw man that would have been awesome. I forgot all my trig from highschool and it's one of the only things I miss usually when practicing. I have all the equations but haven't done some of the long multi trig steps seen in destroyer

I don't think you need to know every single trig identity out there. Do you have math destroyer? If you do it covers a wide variety of trig problems you can encounter in the DAT. Also they have at the beginning of the book the formulas you need to know.
Best of luck.

I don't think you need to know every single trig identity out there. Do you have math destroyer? If you do it covers a wide variety of trig problems you can encounter in the DAT. Also they have at the beginning of the book the formulas you need to know.
Best of luck.
I have it but it's kind of like learning as I go. I prefer being a bit better at it so I can get most of it right before practice I guess. I'm doing qr destroyer first because it is a bit easier I heard

know the 3 pythagorean identities, the double angle formulas and the quadrants which is positive where etc....
Also things like cos(-x) = cos(x) and sin(-x) = - sin(x)

In that case get a high school trig book and go over basic. Then do the math destroyer. I'm not sure if we need to know how to graph trig functions though.

In that case get a high school trig book and go over basic. Then do the math destroyer. I'm not sure if we need to know how to graph trig functions though.
Some of them are a bit more multistep than plug and chug. I'll prob Khan academy some perhaps. Read about ppl doing that with good results

Does anyone have any links or recommendations for trig identity practice? When I googled them they were often too detailed or too simple, and usually just in small batches of like 5-10 questions. I think trig is probably the main thing I'm weak at after starting my QR practice, so focusing on it might help out a bit.

First know the sine cosine and tangent of basic angles ( 30, 45, 60, 90 ) also know how to work with radians.

Know how the six trig functions are related to each other and also how to find the values of these functions in different quadrants. Then know your basic trig identities.

I've never heard about trig graphs on the DAT. I might be wrong

First know the sine cosine and tangent of basic angles ( 30, 45, 60, 90 ) also know how to work with radians.

Know how the six trig functions are related to each other and also how to find the values of these functions in different quadrants. Then know your basic trig identities.
Yea that is important. Gotta get the foundations back as well. But for the more basic problems, I'm finding I don't get tripped up on the basic angle stuff

Reactions: 1 user