Trinity Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applepark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay People.

I've paid up my deposit. Now I'm looking at housing. I'm confused exactly what these rooms at Trinity Hall give you.

What exactly is the difference between the following:
Std Rooms in Cunningham
Modern Ensuite Accomodation

Whats up with the 6am-23pm hot water?
Is internet connection included in the rate?
Is there anything we need to know that you wished you knew before arriving?

Any clarification would be great. The Trinity website is very .... in regards to the accomodation. As if we can tell everything from the pictures. :( Or maybe its me. But in any case any help would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

The Standard Rooms are in the old building in Trinity Hall. They have shared bathrooms, kitchens and common rooms.
The Modern Ensuite is in the new development out there and are ensuite. You do share a kitchen though. The kitchens are basic.

You pay extra for electricity and cable but the internet on the College network is free.

College Rooms aren't cheap but accomm in general in Dublin is horrendously expensive. Living in Rooms takes the hassle out of coming to Dublin early and finding suitable accommodation (not at easy task!). You also get to meet people outside of Medicine too :)

Thanks so much Trinners.

That clarifies that a bit more for me. ^_^

I guess I'll reserve for now.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just in response to your question....

Don't live in cunnigham!! it's an old piece of junk! There isn't much cost different in the two so i'd go for the modern. It's what i'm in right now and it's 10 times better than cunnigham. You have ur own bathroom... where as in cunnighham i think you share it with 6 other people.

also for anyone who's going to live in halls next year... make sure you have WINDOWS XP PRO!!! or linux ..... or else youw on't be able to use the internet... just telling u this now... it'll save you a lot of hassle when u get here!
and yeah the hot water does turn off at around midnight but i don't mind that much... my friend has hot water at 3 in the morning ... so i guess it just really depends on where u live.
That's all for now.

So I just checked out the link included in the email regarding accomodation. There's the option of on campus and off campus. So we learned to avoid Cunningham. And Trinity Hall is off campus and it looks pretty nice. But there's also the on campus option (http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/StudentsandStaff/Students/Campus/RoomTypes/)

Some of the on campus options look great, like the Graduate Memorial Building. Any body here have any thoughts for living on campus? It seems closer than Trinity Hall and there's still the option of single bedrooms. Thought I'd ask before making any reservations.

So I just checked out the link included in the email regarding accomodation. There's the option of on campus and off campus. So we learned to avoid Cunningham. And Trinity Hall is off campus and it looks pretty nice. But there's also the on campus option (http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/StudentsandStaff/Students/Campus/RoomTypes/)

Some of the on campus options look great, like the Graduate Memorial Building. Any body here have any thoughts for living on campus? It seems closer than Trinity Hall and there's still the option of single bedrooms. Thought I'd ask before making any reservations.

Yeah except they reserve on campus for graduate and schols students. If youre coming into 1st med at Trinity the only option for you is halls. Its not that bad to get into campus. a 30-40 min trip depending on where youre going. there is a tram that stops a 5-10 min walk from there and takes you right downtown.

Hey you guys,

I've submitted my application for student housing. I didn't realize that there was an application fee, but I should have guessed, duh!! Anyways,iIf I don't pay the application fee they won't process my application right?

As well, when are applications for student housing due by? When do most people submit theirs??? I want to hold off submitting my housing application until after mid May, but if applications go in really early, I will apply now.

Thanks

The earlier you apply the better... But! Trinity Hall houses mostly incoming Freshman students and Irish high school students don't find out about College applications until late August...so Trinity Hall won't be "full" by May or June :)