Trinity Interview

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by harutaishou, 09.26.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. harutaishou

harutaishou 2+ Year Member

Hey everybody! I just scheduled an interview with Trinity SOM in the next few weeks. I actually don't have much intention of going to this school (I will actually be seriously applying next cycle), but I figured it would be good to get in as much interview practice as possible. However, one of my friends brought up an interesting point, which is that being a re-applicant can possibly hurt your application for next cycle. Would doing this interview give me a re-applicant status for next cycle? I notice that the application isn't actually sent over AMCAS, and rather it was done by sending an pdf AMCAS report via e-mail, so I don't think there would be any actual record on file of my interview.

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. edgerock24

edgerock24 2+ Year Member

I believe that you are only considered a re-applicant if you applied to a school via AMCAS in the past and did not get accepted/go to a school for whatever reason.

4. ChrisGriffen

ChrisGriffen Banned Banned 2+ Year Member

There is nothing that you could ever do that would hurt your chances of getting into Trinity

5. harutaishou

harutaishou 2+ Year Member

Haha thanks guys! I didn't mean for getting into Trinity, I just meant in general for other medical schools. Actually that leads to another question, does applying to one medical school and not getting in make you a re-applicant for that school only? or will other schools consider you a re-applicant even if it wasn't their school you applied to?

6. ChrisGriffen

You would be a re-applicant at only the school.

It doesnt hurt your chances at all unless you are dumb about it. The only reason they ask if you have ever applied before is so that they can pull up your old application and see 1) why they rejected you last time and 2) did you do anything to become a better applicant.

They want to see how you spent your year after rejection.
    If you send them the same application a year later they will know that you are a lazy idiot with no friends.

7. ChrisGriffen

And about 1/3 of all medical students that I know were rejected by every school they applied to, did something to be a better applicant, then got accepted 1-2 years later.

Side note, trinity is an awful "medical school". Do not go there. Dont even apply.

ThoracicGuy likes this.

About the ads