Trinity, Xavier, UMHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROY78

Reaction score
Let me explain my situation.
I am a us citizen without undergrad degree and currently attending Polish medical school. (finished 1st year)
I am currently applying those schools right now since I don't have undergrad degree those schools seem to be the best options so far.
Reason why I am looking for transferring because regulation changing in 2023 (now 2024 because of coronavirus).

I understand many people saying do not go Caribbean meds school but its more chance for me rather to continue school in Poland.
Which schools are best to attend ?

Members don't see this ad.

None of the ones you have listed, only SGU/Ross/AUC should be looked at in general. Of the 3 I think only SGU has a undergrad to MD bridge program. The ECFMG requirements aren't that stringent. Just transfer to another Polish school that meets them or another European school, you'll save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

None of the ones you have listed, only SGU/Ross/AUC should be looked at in general. Of the 3 I think only SGU has a undergrad to MD bridge program. The ECFMG requirements aren't that stringent. Just transfer to another Polish school that meets them or another European school, you'll save hundreds of thousands of dollars.
[/QUOTE

Thank you for replying.
The Regulation will affect all medical students who wants USMLE especially in Europe. Right now only 3 countries are matched to new regulation (Cyprus, Netherlands, and Ireland) so I cannot transfer another school in Poland because the country is not accredited to take USMLE right now.
Are you one of the students from there or US mainland meds school or grad person ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to Ross university

Thank you for replaying.
I understand compare to big 4 to other meds schools in Caribbean is very different.
Big 4 are accredited and recognized school in the US mainland as well.
But Poland is in another level. Right now, going Polish meds school zero chance for USMLE. I don't know how those I listed schools had very high number of USMLE scores and etc but there might be chance compare to continue to go Polish meds school I believe.

Thank you for replaying.
I understand compare to big 4 to other meds schools in Caribbean is very different.
Big 4 are accredited and recognized school in the US mainland as well.
But Poland is in another level. Right now, going Polish meds school zero chance for USMLE. I don't know how those I listed schools had very high number of USMLE scores and etc but there might be chance compare to continue to go Polish meds school I believe.
You could just do an undergraduate degree and apply to US MD/DO schools.

Currently I am 29 years old... I cannot spend 4-5 years for undergrad degree already.
Thats a weak excuse imo but to each their own.
So both Trinity and Xavier have a 6 year program but they explicitly state that the program is for non-US students. UMHS doesn't have a bridge program and requires at least 90 college credits with pre-reqs prior to admission.

SGU does have a 7 year Bsc-MD program for US citizens so you'd save a whopping 1 year.
I think if you absolutely need to save time like you say than going to a 5/6 year Australian or Irish school would be the way to do it unless you really want to go to SGU for some reason.

Thats a weak excuse imo but to each their own.
So both Trinity and Xavier have a 6 year program but they explicitly state that the program is for non-US students. UMHS doesn't have a bridge program and requires at least 90 college credits with pre-reqs prior to admission.

SGU does have a 7 year Bsc-MD program for US citizens so you'd save a whopping 1 year.
I think if you absolutely need to save time like you say than going to a 5/6 year Australian or Irish school would be the way to do it unless you really want to go to SGU for some reason.

Thank you for replying.
So since you are attending one of the big 4, tell me your advantage going over there than other schools?

Thank you for replying.
So since you are attending one of the big 4, tell me your advantage going over there than other schools?
There's like 30 pages of discussion regarding these schools. If you search my user you'll probably find 30 posts laying it out in detail so I don't really feel like rehashing it but the long and short is:
- Big 3 have more access to clinical rotations and are more known
- Better match rate with more variety in matches
- Less attrition (30-50% vs 70%+)
- They're American owned and operated (e.g. Adtlaem owning Ross and AUC) so they have some minimum standards they have to adhere to regarding some things. Not very many things mind you, but some.
- Accredited by CAAM-HP without risk of losing it, which is necessary for matching in the US starting 2024

You can find more reasons going through this subforum. All in all though, strangers on the internet don't care where you go to school, they just want people to have information before heading into it.