Jan 17, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Sooo.. Had 4 pre December interviews, 2 wait lists , and two silent(possible wait list?).
Anybody else in the same boat as me?! Wait list at Kentucky, and NYU. Any experience on when and how they move? Good luck to all and congrats.

Reactions: cloudfire
About the Ads
Jan 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
i would rather much want to be in your shoes than not getting any pre-dec interviews and having 3 rejections so far.
be positive!

May 20, 2013
Status
Dental Student
'on hold' at marquette (didn't interview) and mosdoh (LOVED the school and thought I nailed the interview so i'm really bummed to not be hearing an acceptance today)

haven't heard from any other schools..... :cryi::cryi::cryi:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Sooo.. Had 4 pre December interviews, 2 wait lists , and two silent(possible wait list?).
Anybody else in the same boat as me?! Wait list at Kentucky, and NYU. Any experience on when and how they move? Good luck to all and congrats.
Same boat as you. wait listed by Marquette and Nova, and silent wait list from MWU-Az and Ohio State. Anyone know a ballpark number of how many wait listers get offers typically? I know it varies, but if anyone who's been around these forums longer than I have and has seen a trend over the past few years I'd love to hear what you know.

Reactions: alprimo

NMC2010

τετέλεσται
5+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2013
The Gold Vault
Status
Dentist
Waitlisted by OSU (silent) and Marquette (no interview), and I guess a silent waitlist from Case since they never sent me a rejection email before or today (Dr. Chuck said they sent rejection emails ~ 1 month ago and I didn't get one)? Only pre-dec was OSU. Haven't heard anything from some others.

About the Ads

paymaant

5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2011
Washington DC
Status
Pre-Dental
Waitlisted by OSU (silent) and Marquette (no interview), and I guess a silent waitlist from Case since they never sent me a rejection email before or today (Dr. Chuck said they sent rejection emails ~ 1 month ago and I didn't get one)? Only pre-dec was OSU. Haven't heard anything from some others.
How can you assume that no response from a school is considered a waitlist?? They haven't said anything yet!

Jan 17, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Anybody know if today is the only day acceptances go out before waitlist/reject?

Dentgrl2984

5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2011
Status
Dental Student
How do the waitlists work? Are schools gonna pick from the waitlist in january once people have accepted/declined offer OR do they accept from new interviewees and then pick from waitlist towards the end, like around end of spring/beginning summer?

Aug 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I've heard that Kentucky OOS waitlist usually moves pretty fast! Never lose hope... post december haven't started yet!

I wish you good luck :)

Qtn2x

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
Status
I decline my acceptance at NYU so there is a spot opened up.

CWL

Nov 1, 2012
Status
Dental Student
How do you know you got wait-list from NOVA. Nothing appears? or is there an explicit "wait list"

gentlerwave

NHSC Dentist
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2013
Status
Dentist
I got 2 "invited to interview" staring at me since October and no updates today, so I guess that's 2 waitlists.

We'll get through this together guys. Let's have faith in 2014 :)

About the Ads

CWL

Nov 1, 2012
Status
Dental Student
I interviewed with them a while ago and NOVA doesn't even show up in my portal. Anyone know what that means?

Jan 17, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Just spoke to Lecom.. Waitlisted also. That makes 3/4.. Waiting on the fourth

Gator9

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2007
Florida & Kentucky
Status
Dental Student
4 interviews...2 prior to December 2nd, 1 in January and the latest in Feb. I'm sitting on 3 waitlists...Waiting to hear back from the recent school. Trying to decide when I need to stop hoping and be realistic. It's funny, because prior to my first interview (at my dream school at that!) I would have killed to be hopeful and on a waitlist at any dental school in the country. But, after getting a taste of what could be; I want more lol. This waiting game is emotionally draining.

Reactions: Marilyn See
May 30, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Whoever is waitlisted at Nova, Lecom, and ESPECIALLY NYU. Do not worry so much. Realistically each of these schools have massive movement in late Spring due to several reasons..
Nova is quite expensive and not many people's first choice, Lecom for obvious reasons, it is new and no reputation, plus it is in a random location. Finally, NYU has a massive class size and very expensive.
Don't worry so much, be hopeful that you are waitlisted at schools which historically show incredible movement from the wait-list.
Don't forget to keep calling and showing interest though!
Goodluck

WastedTime

7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2011
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
IN ... same here man... 3 pre-december interviews (UDM, Roseman, NYU) and wait listed at all 3 ... one post-december interview (UNLV) and have to wait until february 18 to find out whether I'm gonna go 4/4 for wait lists

Oct 22, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Currently wait listed at 3 schools (UF, GRU, LECOM). Waiting to hear back from VCU and have an interview lined up at Indiana soon. Everywhere I have interviewed I have been wait listed, but not accepted. And.......it is driving me NUTS! I absolutely agree with the above poster whom stated that it is emotionally draining, because it is. The best thing that I believe anyone in our shoes can do, is control the variables that you can control and leave the rest up to chance. It is what it is, just control what you can. In my case, its my last semester of my masters program. I wont give up hope yet I am realistic to the chance that I have to reapply again next cycle. Very disheartening, however, control hat you can, and don't stress about the stuff you cant control.

"Worrying is a lot like running on a treadmill. It gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere." - Famous quote from the classic coming of age film... Van Wilder.

ICUrunning

On the Iron Path
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2012
'MURICA
Status
Dental Student
I was put on the alternate at LECOM for the pharmacy program. Nervous I might not get into my first choice school. I have had 3 interviews so far and 1 more in a couple weeks. Heard back from 2 of them, one is the Hold list and the other is the alternate list :/.

Anyone have any info on LECOM about their alternate list and how it works?
This is the predental forum.

aqz

7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2011
Status
Dental Student
Joining this thread. Waitlisted at Columbia and Harvard. Was rejected post-interview from my state school, michigan. Still waiting on UCSF and UPenn, but it's not looking good. People have been telling me to be grateful for my temple acceptance, but it's very draining nonetheless to feel insignificant before these other top schools.

Blake1e

7+ Year Member
May 18, 2012
Status
Dentist
Waitlisted at nova and LECOM. I agree with everyone else. There is no point in worrying. If all you have is waitlist there is no need to stress about getting off, this late in the game you should have very little to no expectation of it happening. Instead, realize and accept your pitiful failure; channel that energy into improving next cycle.

Now are you a sad little failure of a human being who quits because you face some resistance, or are you a strong empowered woman who don't need no man!? I thought so, nothing beats a strong empowered woman especially when they go beast-mode once a month (full moon). I'll see all you fellow failures of this cycle in the front lines next cycle. Persistence pays off and a 1 year delay, while extremely horrible, is nothing compared to working some other shjtty job for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

Ferneezy

I don't always Go Blue, but when I do...
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Joining this thread. Waitlisted at Columbia and Harvard. Was rejected post-interview from my state school, michigan. Still waiting on UCSF and UPenn, but it's not looking good. People have been telling me to be grateful for my temple acceptance, but it's very draining nonetheless to feel insignificant before these other top schools.
"top" schools.

right...

Reactions: Nickel5 and lr2014
Sep 19, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Waitlisted at nova and LECOM. I agree with everyone else. There is no point in worrying. If all you have is waitlist there is no need to stress about getting off, this late in the game you should have very little to no expectation of it happening. Instead, realize and accept your pitiful failure; channel that energy into improving next cycle.

Now are you a sad little failure of a human being who quits because you face some resistance, or are you a strong empowered woman who don't need no man!? I thought so, nothing beats a strong empowered woman especially when they go beast-mode once a month (full moon). I'll see all you fellow failures of this cycle in the front lines next cycle. Persistence pays off and a 1 year delay, while extremely horrible, is nothing compared to working some other shjtty job for the rest of your life.
just become a motivational speaker :claps::claps:

Reactions: ehan32

r2thekesh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2009
Status
Dental Student
4 waitlist after 3 pre-december interviews (ASDOH, UKentucky, Louisville), and Pitt in January. Nothing yet.

About the Ads