TrueLearn correlation with Advanced exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cognitus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
taking advanced exam on Saturday and studying with TrueLearn. Does anyone know the percentage of question correctly answered on TrueLearn that corresponds to passing grade on Advanced exam?

Members don't see this ad.

taking advanced exam on Saturday and studying with TrueLearn. Does anyone know the percentage of question correctly answered on TrueLearn that corresponds to passing grade on Advanced exam?
Nothing?

There’s no way to answer this question which has been asked like 3 times recently in different ways. TrueLearn (and other online q bank) users don’t self-report P or F afterwards so that data point doesn’t exist. Plus do you assume people who use truelearn 30% vs 100% perform differently on the exam?

Just do the best you can and aim to understand the concepts that trick you up the most.

Oh, I see you may have taken the test today. Hope it went well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would there be a correlation?

AFAIK, the only proven correlation, years ago, was between the ITE and the written exam. Back then, if one scored at least 32 (the passing score) on the ITE in EACH of the 3 years, one had a 92% (or so) chance of passing the written boards.

If you answered correctly at least about two thirds of the questions today, you've passed.

As FFP said, the advanced exam is made to correlate with the ITE's. The ABA publishes their report every year with the correlation.

Besides, there is no way for a test prep company to prep for some of the absurd questions that were on that test.

I have not heard of a score correlation but truelearn was for sure the way to go! A QBank + reviewing some of the miscellaneous topics on the Advanced exam blueprint that are rarely encountered in actual practice is what i did. I felt relatively good leaving the test center even thought there were 15+ questions that were out in left field...

I have not heard of a score correlation but truelearn was for sure the way to go! A QBank + reviewing some of the miscellaneous topics on the Advanced exam blueprint that are rarely encountered in actual practice is what i did. I felt relatively good leaving the test center even thought there were 15+ questions that were out in left field...
I found truelearn beneficial for AKTs but for the real exam anesthesiaqbank.com was a better correlate. just my opinion