• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Trump Administration Price-Transparency Rule Covering Hospitals Upheld - A Win or a Loss?

Zekchar

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
I can't quite decide. On one hand price transparency is good. On the flip side, rural hospitals may potentially be negatively affected. Anybody understand this issue better and can explain it?

Upvote 0

Monty Python

15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Nowhere particular
Upvote 0

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
This will inevitably hurt providers as hospitals now employ most providers now. If a patient can't pay, its not gonna matter what the price is. As soon as they figure out what the "standard charges" are expect that to decline precipitously which will invariably makes its way to your paycheck. I am not a legal scholar and not sure if this can or will be appealed. AHA will drag their feet. I guess now we all know who the AHA will be supporting for prez.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.