You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Trump’s order on federal grants/loans
Started by Dorodo07
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Personally awaiting word on this as well. Remains unclear atm from what I've gathered...but if possible, I'd try to complete FAFSA ASAPHi.. will this impact our ability to receive federal loans for the med school?
Federal loans for everything. I agree that you should fill out all of your FAFSA and tax forms as soon as possible.
(I submitted my taxes over the weekend. Electronically... I'm not relying on the USPS.)
(I submitted my taxes over the weekend. Electronically... I'm not relying on the USPS.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait, why tax forms?Federal loans for everything. I agree that you should fill out all of your FAFSA and tax forms as soon as possible.
(I submitted my taxes over the weekend. Electronically... I'm not relying on the USPS.)
because tax forms are needed to complete the FAFSA? And perhaps processing of all federal forms will slow to a crawl as the ranks of federal employees are purged in the coming weeks?wait, why tax forms?
Trump is no friend of the IRS. I think a lot of civil fed government workers will be on an unscheduled, unpaid vacation soon.
They already screwed up Medicaid... or at least the portal.
www.nytimes.com
Just remember, the cruelty is the point.
They already screwed up Medicaid... or at least the portal.
Payment System That Provides Medicaid Funding to States Stops Working, Officials Say
The outage at least temporarily jeopardized payments the federal government makes to state programs, and sowed uncertainty for patients, doctors, hospitals and others.
Just remember, the cruelty is the point.
Last edited:
I see. because I already submitted my FAFSA, for 2025-2026 school year, 2023 tax return is used (which we already filed) so I was curious why filing 2024 tax returnbecause tax forms are needed to complete the FAFSA? And perhaps processing of all federal forms will slow to a crawl as the ranks of federal employees are purged in the coming weeks?
It looks like they rescinded it today, but I was reading that either way it wouldn't have effected federal student loans
A district judge temporarily blocked the freeze. That's not exactly rescinding.It looks like they rescinded it today, but I was reading that either way it wouldn't have effected federal student loans
Even if federal financial aid proceeds unscathed, if the freeze goes into effect it will have extremely disruptive effects on institutions of higher education.
A district judge temporarily blocked the freeze. That's not exactly rescinding.
Even if federal financial aid proceeds unscathed, if the freeze goes into effect it will have extremely disruptive effects on institutions of higher education.
Trump White House rescinds memo freezing federal money after widespread confusion
President Donald Trump’s budget office rescinded an order freezing spending on federal grants, less than two days after it sparked widespread confusion and legal challenges across the country, according to two people familiar with the matter.
We'll see how long that goes. Then the debt ceiling needs to be raised...
Happy to stand corrected.![]()
Trump White House rescinds memo freezing federal money after widespread confusion
President Donald Trump’s budget office rescinded an order freezing spending on federal grants, less than two days after it sparked widespread confusion and legal challenges across the country, according to two people familiar with the matter.apnews.com
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K