Trusted source for the Peds shelf???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMetal

To shred or not shred?
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if the AAP (or any other governing body of pediatric professors) puts out a resource (objectives, or a question bank perhaps) to aid 3rd year medical students in preparing for the Pediatrics Clerkship Shelf Exam?

I know there are several 3rd party vendors and companies that put out such books (Case Files, Blue Prints, etc). But if possible, I'd really like to obtain a resource from the governing body that actually makes the test. I know AAFP puts out a qbank for Family Medicine students, as does APGO for OB . . .so I was wondering, does an alagous resource exits for Peds???

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I was wondering if the AAP (or any other governing body of pediatric professors) puts out a resource (objectives, or a question bank perhaps) to aid 3rd year medical students in preparing for the Pediatrics Clerkship Shelf Exam?

I know there are several 3rd party vendors and companies that put out such books (Case Files, Blue Prints, etc). But if possible, I'd really like to obtain a resource from the governing body that actually makes the test. I know AAFP puts out a qbank for Family Medicine students, as does APGO for OB . . .so I was wondering, does an alagous resource exits for Peds???

Thanks,

Just because they make the shelf doesn't mean that they make the best resource to study for the shelf. Blue prints, pre-test, and usmleworld are excellent resources for the peds shelf.

to answer the question, no such qbank exists. But the other sources mentioned are all pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Thanks,

Blueprints + Pre-Test + Uworld

Remember, the AAP does not write the questions for your peds shelf.
And the people that write those books/questions pile up years of data to include their info.

Attendings always tell me that we will not be examined on things that the experts still can't agree upon, and if they do its only 1 question anyways.

I liked the Kaplan book for pediatrics.