Truth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDER

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a big problem. I failed Step 1. However, the reason I failed is because I was in the hospital all of lat summer and I really could not concentrate. If I crush Step 2 and get really good LOR's, do you think that I might have a chance, or should I just face the facts? I intend to explain in in personal statement. Do you think programs will understand? The reason I failed was because I had brain surgery. So even when I did pass, I barely hit the average becasue it was a rough time. It sucks that I found out about radiology so late, because otherwise I might have been able to do some good research or something. I am trying to get in on a research project right now. I don't know hpw much good it will do. Is it really hard to find a spot after a yr of say medicine or another associated specialty. I heard it's even more impossible to go this route. Do they look at both you step grades at the same time or will they see step 1 first? Have any of you ever heard of a story like mine actually matching?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the answers that you were given on auntminnie.com were fine....

I know the answers on auntminnie were very helpful, but I thought maybe there were others on this site that do not visit auntminnie's. Thanks

Well, if you have failed Step 1, retake it and score well.
Same goes for Step 2.
Apply smartly and explain the reasons in a classy PS.

You will never know until you apply.
GL