trying to figure stuff out -ie confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a post bacc student now and just took the august mcat. Im starting my 3rd year of post bacc studies and will be taking upper level biology and neurosciences courses to try and raise my gpa up some.

I was told to postpone applying this year and try for the fall 2004 to show some fire in my grades.

But that means I now have to figure out what I shall do after this year since I do not intend to spend an additional year here.

My parents have been talking about me applying now to the Sackler school, but because of the situation over there, Im a bit scared of going. They have also talked about this program called the fifthpathway. I really dont know anything about it.

So Im just looking for opnions on the matter, or even some additional suggestions I have not been introduced too.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what type of opinion you are looking for. If you have yet to take the MCAT, then you must apply for the 2004 entering class.

Do whatever you want for that extra year between applying and starting medical school. Working sounds like a good plan. Don't go to Sackler unless you want to. It will be you in medical school, not your parents.

i dont mind doing the sackler school. Im just worried about my safety. I did take the August mcat this past weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you would be afraid to be there, that is probably good reason not to go. What is your current GPA? How do you feel you did on the MCAT (this one is definitely tough to judge)? If you feel comfortable and have a decent GPA, there is no reason not to apply this year for the Fall 2003 entering class.

Good luck

Originally posted by lmbebo

My parents have been talking about me applying now to the Sackler school, but because of the situation over there, Im a bit scared of going.

What's the situation?

im a post bacc student and was advised from applying this year because I have yet to show any "fire" in my grades in my post bacc studies. Im sitting at a 3.1 right now. So another 2 semesters should help my chances for 2004 assuming I continue the upward trend in my grades. Im too weak of an applicant to apply now and really have a chance of getting in.

I pretty much feel like most other people with the MCAT, I thought it was horrible. But its hard to judge what kind of score I will get.

Sackler is in Israel, and until the Hebrew university bombing I didn't have too many reservations about going there, even with the problems that are tearing that region apart.

thanks for the replies so far