Trying to intern for Safeway, need help!!

Started by a student
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

a student

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am currently a P2 at Pacific University Oregon. I did well during my summer ippe at Safeway and impressed my preceptor. When I asked him if I could intern for Safeway, he told me to contact the regional recruiter. I know that most chains have a different budget for interns so stores can't really make hiring decisions.

However, it has been a week since I emailed the recruiter, but have not heard anything back from him. I sent a follow-up email yesterday and still had no reply. I'm feeling discouraged, but still really want to work for Safeway. I know that recruiters are busy but is there a way to get them to respond without being annoying?

Can anyone who has experience applying to intern positions especially Safeway tell me what to do?