Trying to plan ahead

Started by deleted1133766
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1133766

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgive me, I didn't get a chance to read all the threads...

I've been studying investing and what I want to know is how doctors today can actually have a shot at generating significant wealth if they are employed and get taxed at the highest rates?

My understanding is that business owners get all the tax breaks and they end up generating the most wealth so what is a doctor to do? Are there ways for a family physician to generate significant wealth by retirement?

Years ago, were doctors business owners and did they benefit from all the tax breaks? My understanding is that the days of the solo practice are gone.

Any insight?
 
Days of owning your own practice is long gone esp in large cities. Best to make as much as you can, use that money to start a side business/RE.