Trying to spread the good word.

Started by Eilat87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eilat87

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I rotate with a bunch of Caribbean med students and after explaining to them that I wanted to go into PM&R, some become curious about the field.

I want to point them in the right direction.. problem is that there aren't that many hospitals in the area (NYC) that take Island students, specifically SGU and Ross students.

I know they can't use VSAS so that eliminates like 80% of places.

So far I've heard UMDNJ and Elmhurst hospital take IMGs..
 
Metropolitan-NYMC is probably doable.

I worked with a Ross grad at Mount Sinai, and they send residents to Elmhurst. Maybe that's an avenue to work.