Trying to transfer into an Australian medical university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sebastiann16

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm an Australian citizen completing my degree in a Caribbean university. I started in September of 2017 and since then I have completed 2 years of Basic science and started my clinical rotations in the US. I've completed 4 cores (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychology) and 1 radiology elective in various hospitals in Chicago. Since March 2020 my rotations have been put on hold due to the COVID pandemic and had to return back to Australia. Whilst I've been here, I've considered the possibility of continuing my rotations here in Australia. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can get a transfer with credits into any medical degrees in any Australian universities?

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

to be honest...seems unlikely as it is difficult to get credit since every med school in Aus has a slightly different structure/curriculum (e.g. integrated subjects, PBL, blah blah) - you may need to start from scratch if wanting to go into a local university

better off contacting individual schools and hospitals to see your chances

maybe consider using your time off to work on USMLE/AMC?

Reactions: 1 user
to be honest...seems unlikely as it is difficult to get credit since every med school in Aus has a slightly different structure/curriculum (e.g. integrated subjects, PBL, blah blah) - you may need to start from scratch if wanting to go into a local university

better off contacting individual schools and hospitals to see your chances

maybe consider using your time off to work on USMLE/AMC?
Thank you for your honest feedback