Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so what's the deal with summer academy? is it mon-fri 9-2:30?

Members don't see this ad.

just curious, any Asian accepted to TSU so far?

And congrats to those accepted...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure about what days summer academy will be attended, i will try to walk over to pharm building and ask.

and i do know of a couple of asians that have been accepted.

I am hispanic but dont know of any other hispanic in but me so far.

Oh, yeah!:clap::banana: Congratulations! So happy for you! :D:D

Thanks K. I am glad that I dun have to try another year~~~
But I still need your help for A&M interview.
I will call you tmr~~~:cool:
Now go back to my Cal 3.....

p.s. Where you all get those emotion icons? Sometimes a laughy face is not enough to express my feelings ....

p.s. Where you all get those emotion icons? Sometimes a laughy face is not enough to express my feelings ....

Just click on the [More] link at the bottom of the usual emoticons

Congrats~~:clap:
But I think you will get in UH~~~

Haha thanks :) You are very nice! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU and everybody else TOO! :D YAY!

Now I got this Phar 212 thing to worry about, (just found out they don't offer this in the summer, yes, I know it's my fault for not checking earlier) I wonder if my acceptance will be void:(

Haha thanks :) You are very nice! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU and everybody else TOO! :D YAY!

Now I got this Phar 212 thing to worry about, (just found out they don't offer this in the summer, yes, I know it's my fault for not checking earlier) I wonder if my acceptance will be void:(

i called before and we can take the phar- classes during our professional year.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone knows how many rounds of interview TSU has this year? and when are these interviews? i know somebody had April 22nd interview last year, i am not sure about this year. since some people got early interviews, and got acceptance letters this year already.

The adcoms at TSU will finish up all interviews before Spring break, coz they are trying to speed up the admission process this year.:thumbup:

only transfer stdents are allowed to take both pharmacy orientation classes and medical terminology while in the professional program. TSU students have to take it before. also if you have taken microbiology already then you wont have to take it the second semester of the professional program, giving you a lighter courseload that semester.

Just a question, how long is it taking from the interview date to receive the acceptance letter?

This is for a friend and not myself.

only transfer stdents are allowed to take both pharmacy orientation classes and medical terminology while in the professional program. TSU students have to take it before. also if you have taken microbiology already then you wont have to take it the second semester of the professional program, giving you a lighter courseload that semester.

I think nutrition course can substitute the pharmacy orientation classes, right?

So we dun have to take microbiology again? that's awesome!!:thumbup:

transfer students can opt to take nutrition instead. and yeah , you wont have to retake micro.

Just a question, how long is it taking from the interview date to receive the acceptance letter?

This is for a friend and not myself.

It's different for everybody I think, since TSU didn't start sending out acceptance letter after they finished a few interviews. I got my acceptance about 2 weeks after my interview. Some others didn't get it until 3-4 weeks because they had earlier interview date than me.

it's been a month since my interview and i haven't heard anything yet :(

As I mentioned before, they send out letters for the top 20% students after scoring and ranking them. So if you dun get the first round acceptance, dun be frustrated. More letters will be coming out soon.;)

that sounds bad for me, this is my first semester at TSU. i guess i'll have to talk to the program personally and see what's up.

that sounds bad for me, this is my first semester at TSU. i guess i'll have to talk to the program personally and see what's up.

I Hope verything goes well for you :( When I went to ask them about the pharm clases, they have to pull out all my files to show me what's going on.
Good luck :) !

I Hope verything goes well for you :( When I went to ask them about the pharm clases, they have to pull out all my files to show me what's going on.
Good luck :) !

so what did they say about the pharm classes? you can still take them during P1 year right?:confused:

so what did they say about the pharm classes? you can still take them during P1 year right?:confused:

Exactly as someone mentioned before me :D

Here's what Mrs. Davis told me. I have taken Microbiology at UH, so in the Spring of 2009 I have 4 extra hours free. (yay!) That's when I can make up the class Phar 212.

All the other Phar class I can either make it up this summer I by taking a nutrition course or take it next summer :D

She did mentioned to me because I am a transfer student (currently at UH) that is why I'm able to do this.

Exactly as someone mentioned before me :D

Here's what Mrs. Davis told me. I have taken Microbiology at UH, so in the Spring of 2009 I have 4 extra hours free. (yay!) That's when I can make up the class Phar 212.

All the other Phar class I can either make it up this summer I by taking a nutrition course or take it next summer :D

She did mentioned to me because I am a transfer student (currently at UH) that is why I'm able to do this.

GREAT~~!!I can have a summer free before starting school.:D

HAha lucky! I still have to take that computer science class, Booo!!!!! eh I should be happy just to be accepted! :laugh:

BTW did anybody turn in their deposit yet? Are we suppose to turn in that 45 dollar money order for the TPA at the same time?

HAha lucky! I still have to take that computer science class, Booo!!!!! eh I should be happy just to be accepted! :laugh:

BTW did anybody turn in their deposit yet? Are we suppose to turn in that 45 dollar money order for the TPA at the same time?

I haven't. Probably do it by Monday. And I was wondering if the $200 deposit would apply towards our tuition.

As for the money dollar, i think we can turn in anytime before June. That's what I was told last year, but not sure if it will be the same for this year.:)

It will be a short free summer; summer academy is about a month.
then there is that trip to galveston for a convention that is required.
that's why i am tryng to sqeeze in a cruise and a trip to san fran early in the summer.

Since TSU is on probation, and there is a possibility that it might lose its accreditation, what kind of effect would it have on the TSU pharmacy students?

Would the students still have the degree after graduating from that school? Can someone enlighten me?

:confused:

Since TSU is on probation, and there is a possibility that it might lose its accreditation, what kind of effect would it have on the TSU pharmacy students?

Would the students still have the degree after graduating from that school? Can someone enlighten me?

:confused:

TSU is only on financial probation, not the accreditation probation. Correct me if I am wrong.

It will be a short free summer; summer academy is about a month.
then there is that trip to galveston for a convention that is required.
that's why i am tryng to sqeeze in a cruise and a trip to san fran early in the summer.

I know....but it's better than nothing~~:D
I planned to go on a cruise to Mexico or to New York too...it's gonna be fun:love:

Ms. Davis was out today and probably tomorrow but I was told i can take the phar classes while i'm in the program. only attended this spring, and 2 of those classes are only offered in the fall so it would be impossible for me to have had the chance to take them.

note: take comp sci with Lin.

Of course taking comp sci at HCC. would save a bunch of money.:thumbup:

Of course taking comp sci at HCC. would save a bunch of money.:thumbup:

GASP! they also offer the first summer comp sci at HCC? okay, g2g look this up! yay!

I know this is pretty late, but I just received an invitation for an interview this Thursday. It's way late but whatever. My question is, did ya'll receive a "pharmacy experience form"? In my envelope, I only receive a letter. I didn't have any other enclosed forms. If I do happen to not have it, can someone scan a copy and email it to me? thanks

I know this is pretty late, but I just received an invitation for an interview this Thursday. It's way late but whatever. My question is, did ya'll receive a "pharmacy experience form"? In my envelope, I only receive a letter. I didn't have any other enclosed forms. If I do happen to not have it, can someone scan a copy and email it to me? thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. I prepared all the documents for pharmacy experience and ultimately brought home with me.:cool:

I have an interview this Thursday too. I don't have the "pharmacy experience form" either.

the experience form is asked for while you are waiting to get interviewed. you might wanna call and ask if they can email it of fax it. the form says to list all work experience related to pharmacy, and if documentation is not provided for such jobs then they will not be considered. this form and the documentation is handed over to the people that that interview you. I was asked to give them a little bit more info on a job i had put on the form.

the experience form is asked for while you are waiting to get interviewed. you might wanna call and ask if they can email it of fax it. the form says to list all work experience related to pharmacy, and if documentation is not provided for such jobs then they will not be considered. this form and the documentation is handed over to the people that that interview you. I was asked to give them a little bit more info on a job i had put on the form.

really...I was never asked for the documents.:p

Do you guys mind posting your stats? Also what do you think is what got you in the program? Thanks

GASP! they also offer the first summer comp sci at HCC? okay, g2g look this up! yay!

check out TCCNS

the numbers do not match. this is why i took it at tsu, but you might want to call and check.

What kind of "document" is sufficient enough to show proof that you work there? I called them and asked them to email me a copy of that pharmacy experience form but they haven't yet.... weird

What kind of "document" is sufficient enough to show proof that you work there? I called them and asked them to email me a copy of that pharmacy experience form but they haven't yet.... weird

Your paycheck!

It's in the letter I believe. Have the pharmacist you work with write a brief job description and how long you have worked there. Try to include a their business card too.

I have been calling the office today, but nobody picked up the phone. Can anyone e-mail me a copy of their experience form?

I have been calling the office today, but nobody picked up the phone. Can anyone e-mail me a copy of their experience form?

The form is for you to fill out the experience. As long as you get all the documents (check stub/proof for any pharmacy-related activities) for the pharmacy experience, you can fill out the form on the interview date.:)

All the interviewees submitted their form before the interview so I believe no one has a copy of it.

Thank you so much. by the way, how long is the interview? what is the format? Is it a group interview or one to one?

The form is for you to fill out the experience. As long as you get all the documents (check stub/proof for any pharmacy-related activities) for the pharmacy experience, you can fill out the form on the interview date.:)

All the interviewees submitted their form before the interview so I believe no one has a copy of it.

Thank you so much. by the way, how long is the interview? what is the format? Is it a group interview or one to one?

my interview lasted about 10 minutes, and it was a group interview. I was intervied by three people but i think that some people get up to five (Good luck with that one). Format is straight forward they will ask you questions at random, if you show any weakness they will ask you about it. For example if they see a couple questionable grades on your transcripts then they might ask if you can explain why you got those grades. Expect the unexpected that way you are not caught off gaurd and shaken up.

Thanks a lot.

my interview lasted about 10 minutes, and it was a group interview. I was intervied by three people but i think that some people get up to five (Good luck with that one). Format is straight forward they will ask you questions at random, if you show any weakness they will ask you about it. For example if they see a couple questionable grades on your transcripts then they might ask if you can explain why you got those grades. Expect the unexpected that way you are not caught off gaurd and shaken up.