Tsu 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was on 3/11 the week before I had spring break :D. Yes I go to UH.

hey pharmacist350z, congrats! i had my interview the same day. what time was yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats~~!!
Have you applied to elsewhere?

I applied to UH, got rejected. I did bad at that interview. Same situation at A&M. I guess those were my practice interviews ;). I also applied to Texas Tech, but didn't even get an interview. My last interview was at the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. I didn't even want to go there really. They are still reviewing our applications. I'm going to stick to TSU, so I can stay in Houston.

Do you know if they are still sending out acceptance letters? Did you get an email or mailed letter btw?

Do you know if they are still sending out acceptance letters? Did you get an email or mailed letter btw?

Pharmacist 350 is from Houston, he/she might receive the mail earlier than other people who are not in Houston. According to Ms. Davis, everyone should receive a letter at about the same time, acceptance/waitlist/rejected.

Yes they still are sending out letters. A letter is what I got, no email, just a thick letter. There are still spots open for sure.

I had my interview at TSU on March 12, but nothing yet. Anyone else got accepted?

Dido............ 3/12............. nothing......... this is my 3rd interview........ Graduating in July..... B.S. in Chemistry..... B.S......... 89% chemistry PCAT........

........ Let me know if you hear somthing "Darkghos"

"Pharmacist350z" ~ are you the TSU student with the white 350 on 19'' Volk Sf Winnings??????????

the thing is, i have been at TSU for 4 years. Got a bachelors degree in biology from them. 65% on Pcat. (scored 40's in reading and verbal) yeah i know i know, i was just lazy and was not reading right. But i got very good scores in bio, math, and chem. I been a tech for almost 5 years, working for MD Anderson Cancer center division of pharmacy. Member of PHPC, and snapha. GPA is overal 3.2, but TSU GPA is 3.5. I only got the interview, and nothing yet. Sigh, i dont know what else they want..

Members don't see this ad :)
Ms. Davis said more letters would be mailed out on Friday.

i got a question, is it mrs davis or ms davis... cause she must be married right? anyways, to my experience with her, she is not very trustworthy..

i got a question, is it mrs davis or ms davis... cause she must be married right? anyways, to my experience with her, she is not very trustworthy..

you have to remember she's the "Coordinator" of Admissions ... she works with a somewhat large faculty... her job is probably as stressful as retail... 1000 applicants 125 seats +/-... when you don't have the top everything, its all bureaucracy @ TSU....

Talked to Mrs. Davis today.... she's in the process of mailing out letters today. She had about 20 to send out today and she was going to send more out on Friday. Update me with any new Acceptance letters. We should all know by next week so the waiting game will be over.

so out of the 20, did anyone get one?

I applied to UH, got rejected. I did bad at that interview. Same situation at A&M. I guess those were my practice interviews ;). I also applied to Texas Tech, but didn't even get an interview. My last interview was at the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. I didn't even want to go there really. They are still reviewing our applications. I'm going to stick to TSU, so I can stay in Houston.

Pharmacist350Z,

what made you think you did badly during the interview with UH? Everyone always says the interview is so laid back?

the waiting is freaking me out, anyone else?

Pharmacist350Z,

what made you think you did badly during the interview with UH? Everyone always says the interview is so laid back?

Its really laid back, but UH was my first interview so I was nervous though. My actual interview went surprisingly well, but I felt like I didn't do well on the writing section. The TSU writing section was easier for me because it was on a computer. And by then I had some interview practice.

I feel your pain darkghos.... and ... "others share it wit the"...........

jus' checked the mail.... annnnnnnd:scared:+pissed+...... nothin'.............

I have no idea what TSU is looking for............. yea i screwed up while a freshman at UH, but statistics are not in my favor. I don't understand why they keep awarding me interviews(3 to be exact), and not accepting me. I think this is my last time applying to TSU, since I'll be finished with my B.S. in Chemistry (Pre-Med Track).

Any Plan-B suggestions????????????
This is soo Bull ****... :beat::boom:And I acutally love my school...

yeah man, its my 3 time too. Strike 3!!!!!!! your out!!!! thats why i have been telling people, Mrs. Davis is just saying anything to anyone to get them off the phone or her back until they recieve the rejection letters. Nothing that she has said to me over the past 3 years have been true. She's full if it.

yeah man, its my 3 time too. Strike 3!!!!!!! your out!!!! thats why i have been telling people, Mrs. Davis is just saying anything to anyone to get them off the phone or her back until they recieve the rejection letters. Nothing that she has said to me over the past 3 years have been true. She's full if it.

Just curious, do you know what were your problems of not getting in for the past 2 years?

Thanks for ruining our hopes...:(

hey, sorry man, but im just preparing you for the worst. I personally know poeple who got their interview on a tues, and got their acceptance letters on the friday of that same week. I also know some people who gets it a month after their interview. Sorry to say but its passed a month for me. 350z got his interview on the 11th of march, mines on the 12th, he already got his acceptance, if i have not recieved mine a week after his im gonna be a little negative that i didnt get one if you dont mine. I know this girl, she has a 3.7 GPA, 65% on pcat, in all the clubs, been a tech for 5 years, got rejected 3 times. She had her interview early in Jan, still no mail. I personally know this other girl, scored a 1% on her verbal 3 times( i saw the scores), with a 11% percent overall(3 times, again i saw the scores), barely can speak english, Dr. Milton even said she needed speech therapy, well guess what, she got in with her 2.7 GPA. My conclusion?, its not what you have or who you know. Personally i think its who you sleep with lol just kiddin. But yeah, i think its so unfair. I have been a tech for 5 years working for MD Anderson Cancer center division of pharmacy. CPR certified, IV certified, donates blood, donate money to Ronald McDonald house, volunteer for katrina and rita hurricanes, 3.2 gpa overall, bachelors degree from TSU, got 3 interviews and its out for me. All my work for Snapha, PHPC, ASHP was for nothing. I got a letter of rec from the "DIRECTOR OF ASHP", and one from a 4th year professor at TSU pharmacy school that didnt do jack. Its unfair guys and i hate to be bitter about it but the amount of time and work i put into TSU is no Joke. Sorry to get everyone down, but we have to think realistic here, im not excpecting everyone to make it out alive... Ooops, i mean make it into TSU pharmacy school. Im thinking of going to Nuclear Medicine when i actually recieve my rejection letter. Sorry if this is long but it had to come out. Sigh..

hey, sorry man, but im just preparing you for the worst. I personally know poeple who got their interview on a tues, and got their acceptance letters on the friday of that same week. I also know some people who gets it a month after their interview. Sorry to say but its passed a month for me. 350z got his interview on the 11th of march, mines on the 12th, he already got his acceptance, if i have not recieved mine a week after his im gonna be a little negative that i didnt get one if you dont mine. I know this girl, she has a 3.7 GPA, 65% on pcat, in all the clubs, been a tech for 5 years, got rejected 3 times. She had her interview early in Jan, still no mail. I personally know this other girl, scored a 1% on her verbal 3 times( i saw the scores), with a 11% percent overall(3 times, again i saw the scores), barely can speak english, Dr. Milton even said she needed speech therapy, well guess what, she got in with her 2.7 GPA. My conclusion?, its not what you have or who you know. Personally i think its who you sleep with lol just kiddin. But yeah, i think its so unfair. I have been a tech for 5 years working for MD Anderson Cancer center division of pharmacy. CPR certified, IV certified, donates blood, donate money to Ronald McDonald house, volunteer for katrina and rita hurricanes, 3.2 gpa overall, bachelors degree from TSU, got 3 interviews and its out for me. All my work for Snapha, PHPC, ASHP was for nothing. I got a letter of rec from the "DIRECTOR OF ASHP", and one from a 4th year professor at TSU pharmacy school that didnt do jack. Its unfair guys and i hate to be bitter about it but the amount of time and work i put into TSU is no Joke. Sorry to get everyone down, but we have to think realistic here, im not excpecting everyone to make it out alive... Ooops, i mean make it into TSU pharmacy school. Im thinking of going to Nuclear Medicine when i actually recieve my rejection letter. Sorry if this is long but it had to come out. Sigh..

wow. I'm kinda surprised that they rejected you since your experience in organization, job and the recommendation letters sounds really impressive. How did you do on your pcat? What about how you feel about your interview? When you were rejected last 2 times, did you call them and find out why you were rejected? Just wondering

the only person you will be able to talk to is Davis. Again, she will say anything to get you out of her office. my friend with good credentials ask her why did she not get in, Davis reply saying that her GPA and pcat were too low even though she got a 3.5 and a 65% pcat score. Lets be realistic here, if those are too low then half the tsu pharm students should have not gotten in. I think its down to the interview, the way yah look, act, talk and smell i suppose. 65% is not high, but dr. milton already said that high pcat scores does not reflect the students passing thier classes. You can call if you want, and they will give you a ton of reasons y u dint get in, but is it true? You will see and hear about people you know have lower credentials than you getting in, thats a fact.

I did alot for pharmacy school. I got my CPR and IV certification because i knew they would have to do it in pharmacy school. I wanted them to think that i already gotten that out of the way so i can focus more on my study. I work for MD Anderson to let them know im worth it because getting a pharm tech job their is not easy. i guess thats it for me. I got a 65 on pcat. to answer your question, interview is good i guess, but whats good to me does not mean its good to them...

Darkghos and Silver350z TSU I know the wait must be terrible, but you guys deserve the spots. Don't give up hope yet.

I'm calling in to cancel my spot on monday so + 1 spot for people who are waiting :)

Okay, so you were saying that girl had a thing with Dr. Milton in order to get in?:scared:

I did alot for pharmacy school. I got my CPR and IV certification because i knew they would have to do it in pharmacy school. I wanted them to think that i already gotten that out of the way so i can focus more on my study. I work for MD Anderson to let them know im worth it because getting a pharm tech job their is not easy. i guess thats it for me. I got a 65 on pcat. to answer your question, interview is good i guess, but whats good to me does not mean its good to them...

Have you applied anywhere else? It sounds like you should get in somewhere...

no, 65 on pcat is only good at TSU. IWANG, let me know, cause i got on waiting list.

no, 65 on pcat is only good at TSU. IWANG, let me know, cause i got on waiting list.

Wow:eek: you already know that you got on the waiting list? Did you have to call Ms. Davis to get that info? Or was it email/mailed to you?

I interview quite some time back in February but I haven't received a word from TSU:(.

dude, i was just kidding, lol... hehe.. i said it cause of what Iwang said earlier. when was your interview, any good credentials? lets hear them

dude, i was just kidding, lol... hehe.. i said it cause of what Iwang said earlier. when was your interview, any good credentials? lets hear them

Haha right about now, i'll believe anything. My interview was in late Feb i think and to me, it went well. I also have a 3.1 GPA, w/ 85 PCAT which balances me out... i guess:confused:??????????

Anyway, looks like we could very well hear something by tomorrow!! Its weird how TSU seems to send out letters in short bursts: one here another there ooo and maybe 4 that way! lol.

Well its late, SDN's time stamp shows a different hour but right about now in Houston, TX its 2:47AM!!!!!
:sleep:

Feb 13th

I wasn't trying to say that you are not accepted. What credentials? what are you talking about?

Whoever received an acceptance from TSU, can you please tell me how much the deposit fee for holding a seat is?

Whoever received an acceptance from TSU, can you please tell me how much the deposit fee for holding a seat is?

200 dollars in money order form, I think they gave me around 8 days time to pay and turn in everything.

I'm calling in to cancel my spot on monday so + 1 spot for people who are waiting :)

this is what im talking about,

and you dont need to hold your seat then am i right?

You probably wont hear anything today since its a monday. Probably if you dont hear it by friday then lets all go hang ourselves.. i'll buy the ropes.

this is what im talking about,

and you dont need to hold your seat then am i right?

You probably wont hear anything today since its a monday. Probably if you dont hear it by friday then lets all go hang ourselves.. i'll buy the ropes.

I did have to hold my spot, I got my letter 2/28th, so it had already been over 8 days from today.

When they did the interview from 1/29 to 2/13, they were sending out acceptance a few at a time, so there isn't a specific date for everybody. For example, someone got it the friday before me, another on monday, I got mine on thursday

I did have to hold my spot, I got my letter 2/28th, so it had already been over 8 days from today.

When they did the interview from 1/29 to 2/13, they were sending out acceptance a few at a time, so there isn't a specific date for everybody. For example, someone got it the friday before me, another on monday, I got mine on thursday

IWANG are you a guy or girl? I assume a girl. The reason I ask is because since you're canceling your spot at TSU, wouldn't TSU want to replace you with another girl to keep the gender balance? If that's true, then I'm afraid that this comes to no benefit for us guys...:scared:

IWANG are you a guy or girl? I assume a girl. The reason I ask is because since you're canceling your spot at TSU, wouldn't TSU want to replace you with another girl to keep the gender balance? If that's true, then I'm afraid that this comes to no benefit for us guys...:scared:

yep girl :) Mm I'm not sure if the system works like that. I know how painful and crazy the waiting is, just keep stalking the mailbox. good luck :thumbup::thumbup:

No letter roll-call!!!!!!!!!!
I am almost ready to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!:boom::beat:

okay, all TSU interviews are done. They are sending out letters every day. So hang in there, the good news are coming anytime soon.;)

so I came home from a fraternity meeting and.....holy ****, I got a letter. To MY SUPRISE, I GOT IN!!!!! oh hell I was hella excited! Good luck to all!!! I might see you guys next fall...or this summer? I'm still waiting on another letter from another school. At least I got in somewhere.

but yeah, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! If I CAN DO IT, HAHA ANYONE CAN DO IT!

has anybody had Alamelu Sundaresan before? i taking him for vertebrate anatomy in the fall of 08 and want to know what he is like. thanks in advanced

and tsu isnt offering any physics for pharmacy classes in the fall of 08 at all! so i guess im going to have to take it during the summer 2 term with Wilkerson, however it will cost me over 900 dollars for just 4 hours and not including gas from sugar land each day.

i think that is pretty messed up that tsu will only offer 1 vertebrate anatomy class and 0 physics for pharmacy for the fall of 08

congrats all :thumbup: